Chapter 16

Time seems to run so fast, today is the day Julie and Elmo were waiting for, finally they will see each other again after his long days in taping, they're ecstatic was an understatement. 

The moment they got a signal, he tried to call her right away, the other line was just ringing. She failed to answer it because she was in Batangas, rehearsing with her best friend's wedding, the wedding that will happen before sunset tomorrow. 

He dropped his backpack on the back seat and his other things on the back of his GMC dark blue pick up before he slid inside the driver's seat. He waved goodbye to his friends and to other crews before he drove off to Batangas. 

While he was trapped in traffic he tried to call her again. And this time, he was smiling widely parang nawawala bigla ang pagod niya knowing maririnig niya ang boses ng kasintahan. Julie was sitting beside their friends when her phone rang. They were watching  Frencheska walk barefoot on the sand practicing her walk…when she saw who was calling, she excused herself from her friends and walked back to her room, locked the door and answered his call

" Hello? Julie, baby… God. I miss you!" 

And she heard his tiny cry. 

"Hey, why are you crying? Ganun mo ako ka miss? (she tried to joke as she was holding her tears) Baby, i miss you too. I want to see you. Please." 

She heard his excessive sniffing. 

"Where are you now? Oh God. I miss you very much Moe."

She answered, as her tears flowed freely from her eyes. 

" Julie, I love you baby. Wait for me. I'm still driving, I'll be there in three hours…past six or seven I think. Where are you?"

" Here in Batangas now with the rest of the gang. Are you driving?"

" Yup."

" Elmo naman…Why didn't you ask Kuya Rolly to drive?" 

" It's okay baby, now that I hear your voice I can still drive until tomorrow."

"Wag ka nga! Baby naman, I know you're tired and I know you never have a decent sleep, knowing how clingy you are."

And she heard Elmo laugh. 

" Ikaw ba hindi? Sorry baby, wala talagang signal doon sa location. I hope you never cried all night waiting for my call, sobrang clingy mo pa naman."

He knew because even though they would talk all night sometimes she still cried because she missed him. 

"Tseeeh. Hindi ah. But I really, really miss you baby. Ang tagal kaya."

And he heard her tiny cries. 

"Don't be sad. I'll be with you in a few hours, okay?" 

As he tried to hold his tears. 

And she remembered the result of her pt test. 

" Baby, I can't wait to tell you the good news! I love you, Elmo."

Now she was smiling widely, na parang mapupunit na ang mga labi. 

" Good news? Baby, tell me now. I can't wait to hear it. Please."

She can feel his excitement in his tone. 

"Nah. You're driving, right? Keep your eyes on the road, drive safe baby. I'll wait for you, okay? I can't wait to see you. Drive safely, extra careful baby."

She didn't want to talk to him longer because he was driving and she's worried, she knew he was tired by now. 

"Of course sweetheart. Okay po. I'll see you. I love you."