Chapter 24

Everyone panicked as soon as Julie collapsed and fortunately Elmo caught her right away in his arms.

" Julie?! Julie? Julie?! Shit! Tita we need a doctor! Julie?!"

He carried her to the guest room.

Jonathan was stunned...confusion was plastered on his face, didn't know what to think or how to react.

" Jonathan, please call Dr. De Villa! Baka mapaano ang baby! Call Dr. De Villa now! "

Marivic screamed, she was worried for Julie and the baby... Only then Jonathan was snapped out from his trance.

Marivic followed Elmo in the guest room quickly, leaving Jonathan more confused.

An hour later Julie woke up in the guest room.

Her eyes searched for no one but Elmo immediately, not minding Dr. De Villa sitting in the bed beside her.

She saw her Papa and Mama sitting beside each other on the couch with Joanna and Jac but she couldn't find Elmo.

She looked at her mom in her pleading look. Marivic got her message clearly. She stood up and sat opposite Dr. De Villa, kissed her forehead and held her hand.

" Nagluluto ng soup si Elmo para sayo."

Marivic said.

" Julie, are you aware that you were three months pregnant?"

Dr. De Villa started a conversation.

Julie couldn't speak...she was too afraid to open her mouth with her father's reaction.

Marivic slid off of the bed and sat back beside her husband. She held his hand, she felt the tension in his hand immediately.

" From now on, avoid things that could cause you stress. You collapsed earlier because of too much stress. So please stay away from anything that could cause you stress. I already told your Mom and Elmo what to do. And please don't think about the present situation, this whole pandemic thing...you know...think of your baby. Okay? And Tita, Tito, (She turned her head towards Marivic and Jonathan's direction.) your daughter and your apo is fine...ang lakas ng kapit. This is your first apo, right? (Marivic nodded her head, but Jonathan continued to show his apathetic look.) Just give Julie food that's good for her and the baby, I already gave Elmo the list of Julie's vitamins and the milk for pregnancy... Don't worry they will be fine. I'll come back after two weeks. Okay? "

" Thank you, Doc. "

Finally Julie finds the courage to speak.

" And oh.... If possible, slow down with a thirst quencher, if you don't wanna get big and the baby, if you want to have a normal birthing, okay? Cold stuff could make the baby and you bigger... Okay? Stick to fruit shake with no ice...you can add yogurt to it."

Before Julie could answer, Elmo came with a food trolley. It had a bowl of freshly cooked vegetable soup ( Fresh carrots, fresh celery, green beans, onions, tomatoes and yellow corn.), rice, fresh orange juice and steamed salmon fish.

" Oh here's na pala the new dad... Nice. You got a very good dietician, Julie. So Mr. Magalona, please take good care of Julie. Okay?"

Dr. De Villa tried to joke. She could sense the tension inside the room.

" Will do po. Thank you Doc."

" Okay, you're doing good...you also give juicy fruits, like water melon, orange, buko, apple...better make her fruit mixed everyday and veggies...watch out for her carbs, pregnant women are prone for diabetes...so minimal rice lang and more veggies para healthy si mommy and baby. "