Chapter 14

After a few more knocks she never heard any again, so she proceeded with what she was doing.

After a few minutes she heard the door clicked and her eyes widened as well as the person who just came in.

She stood up right away and froze.

" Julie???"

She looked really surprised seeing her in her son's condo.

" Baby? Who's that?"

Elmo asked, peeping on the door just wearing a towel wrapped around his waist, water still dripping on his body.

Julie was just standing in the living room, speechless...doesn't know what to do but fear was evident on her face, she's on the brink of crying when their eyes meet. And Elmo was instantly on her side.

" Mom, Mom, please let me explain."

" Explain what? I can clearly see...conclude what I'm seeing right at this moment Moses. "

" Mom, please."

"Hello sweetie. How are you?"

She looked down and she was fidgeting.

" Damn! Mom you scared her. Please!"

"Will you please calm down Elmo Moses! I'm doing nothing to her."

The tears she's holding back came rushing through her eyes.

" Mom, please... I'll explain to you everything. Baby, are you okay? Hush. I'm here, I'll fight for you... We'll fight this time... Please don't cry. I love you Julie, I love you."

Pia smiled, from the looks of it her son was still madly and deeply in love with Julie Anne Peñaflorida San Jose...she smiled with her thought. She knew Elmo, given the chance, will still want Julie, and she's right. And they're on the right age now, she will never interfere if they get back together. She just wants to make fun of them at the moment.

" Ehem... Since when did you two see each other? And moses---"

"Mom please! You're scaring her! I'll explain to you, let me change my clothes first."

He looked at her once before he grabbed her hand.

"Let's go baby."

" I'm not going to attack her or what Moses! Leave her here, I just wanna talk to her."

She grabbed Julie's other hand.

" Duh... Moses, promise... We'll just talk. Gusto ko lang siyang kamustahin. Na miss ko din ang batang to, it's been like what eight years? Come here sweetie."

"Ugh... Mom?"

"Yes. I promise. You make me sound like a witch mother Elmo. Go and change, and make us something to eat, di ba sweetie? It's nice to talk with food?. Why are you two---wait... Do you think I will--- Hey, ang tanda nyo na. Whatever you have right now hindi na ako makikialam. Okay? Ginawa ko lang yun before because it's the right thing to do dahil ang bata-bata nyo pa noon. You both are just starting with your careers."

She heard Elmo's sighs of relief.

" Thank God Mom. Thank you. I thought---"

" Let's put everything behind us now. You both are grown ups na, but Elmo how about Ryanne? And I heard you also had a boyfriend, Julie? Oh... Sorry I'm so madaldal... you both could handle it naman siguro. Basta tells them now, to avoid you know... Issues."

Both of them were speechless, eyes with each other.

Just before they could answer Ms.Pia they heard the buzzer again.