Chapter 27

Days, weeks, months had passed Jonathan slowly accepted the fact that Julie Anne was pregnant courtesy of Elmo Magalona...he didn't avoided them anymore, he joined every meals with them and started adopt the situations that Elmo Magalona is living with them but still he was distant from them...he was not as close as close they were before.

Jonathan woke up early as usual and went straight to the garden and did his routine exercise before he would water the plants.

Elmo was in the kitchen cooking their breakfast but earlier than usual because he has something in mind.

After he cooked the last menu egg Omelet, he exited the kitchen carrying a tray with two cups of coffee going to the garden.

Just in time Jonathan finished his exercise, Elmo was approaching.

" Tito, good morning."

He said in an obvious nervous tone.

" Good morning."

He answered in his stoic facial expression.

" Coffee po."

He gave him a closed mouth smile when he offered the coffee.

" Salamat."

Still in his stoic facial expression.

" Tito Jon I... I (He was anxious...he took a deep breath to loosen up a bit.) I'm so sorry."

" Elmo you said it so many times...even how many times you will say it, wala namang nagbago. You still disrespected me. Okay, mag uusap tayo... Panahon na siguro para pag usapan natin to. "

Jonathan still cannot hide how disappointed he was for what Julie and Elmo did.

Elmo was speechless, he was like a robot in front of Jonathan. Nervousness was painted all over his face, his hand was shaky. He almost dropped the cup of coffee when he asked him to sit down in front of him.

" Tito, I...hmm... I"

He was cursing himself in his thoughts because he couldn't compose a word in front of Jonathan.

" Pwede bang ako muna magsalita, Elmo? "

Elmo somehow felt relieved, when Jonathan asked him to speak first before him...he also wanted to hear his pain, disappointed with what happened, he knew his apologies couldn't make up for the pain he caused him.

" Yes Tito... Please go on. "

Jonathan took a deep breath before he spoke.

He looked directly at Elmo's eyes.

" Alam mo Elmo. I am more disappointed than angry with you. You know why? Dahil sobrang laki ng tiwala ko sayo! Ipinagkatiwala ko sayo si Julie ng buong puso! Dahil alam kong matino kang lalaki, marespeto...kaya nga ikaw ang gustong-gusto ko sa lahat ng mga nanliligaw sa anak ko. Pero bakit ganito, Elmo? Bakit ganito ang nangyari?! "

Jonathan couldn't help but raise his voice a little.

Elmo was just listening and crying silently. He was anticipating this but hearing Jonathan's sentiments hit differently.

" Alam mo kung gaano ko kamahal ang mga anak ko...alam mo rin kung paano ko sila ina-alagaan kasi lahat sila mga babae, lalo na si Julie. Alam mo kung paano ko ina-alagaan at pinoprotektahan ang anak ko sa lahat ng mga lalaking gustong manakit sa anak ko! I trusted you! Sa lahat, ikaw eh...ikaw ang lubos kong pinagkatiwalaan! Sana pinakasalan mo muna ang anak ko bago mo binuntis...sana, kahit ayaw niyang sabihin sa amin, gumawa ka sana ng way to let us know you were together again, di ba? (This time Elmo's shoulders was shaking. Jonathan was right...he could've done something to make things right...he betrayed Julie's parents...they trusted him but he ruined it.) I know you! Kaya nga sobrang laki ng tiwala ko sayo, Elmo... I treated you like my own son pero heto, you betrayed me! "