Chapter One

It's been a week that something was bothering her, since she read a book about relationships, falling in love and falling out of love, and she can't point out exactly what's happening to her and there's a specific line in the book that keeps on repeating on her mind and that is...

"Have you ever wondered whether or not you and your partner are truly meant to be? Even if you have the most loving and healthy relationship,but yet this question is bound to cross your mind. You can still feel the emptiness. Like in a puzzle, that you're still looking for that certain piece to make it complete."

Like now she was alone in the bench of SPS studio waiting for her turn for rehearsal, she's in deep thought again wondering...

'Julie, Julie ayan kana naman. Ano bang nangyayari sakin? I should be happy na dapat, di ba? I have a successful career, a loving and very understanding boyfriend, a loving family and friends that even in the middle of the night will come to my rescue if kailangan ko. God! Ano pa ba ang kulang? Bakit i can still feel the emptiness?! Bakit?'

And she was out of her dazed when she heard her phone rang several times.

"Hey Hulyeta!"

"Maq! Welcome home."

"Hulyeta!!!"

"Since i'm home na kita na tayo! And this i won't take no for an answer. Meet us at Valkyrie tomorrow night 10pm."

"Sure Maq."

"Bring your new boylet. I want to meet him."

"Okay. We will. But we'll be late ha. Sunday bukas he might be busy but i'll try to bring him para makilala mo. Hahaha."

" Bakit mas busy pa sayo?"

"Hahaha napaka busy nun sa church nila pag Sunday. May mga Sunday fellowship hanggang gabi, minsan may pina facilitate na retreats and fellowship ng mga youth etc."

"Talaga? Bakit hindi na lang siya pag pastor or mag pari? Joke. Hahaha"

"Ikaw talaga Maq! You'll gonna like him. He's the total opposite of the x. Sobrang bait."

"Yun din ang sabi mo nun sa x mo. That's why i want to meet him para makilatis ko. Siguro mas mabait kesa dun sa kaka X mo lang, but mas gwapo ba yan sa pinakaunang X mo? Hahaha"

"I assure you this time Maq ibang-iba si Kim kesa sa x. He's super bait talaga, napaka religious, family oriented and you know kung gaano ka importante sa akin na respetohin at mahalin din ang pamilya ko. To answer your second question, it's for you to find out Maq. Hahaha. He gets along so well with my family, importante sa akin yun. Okay.. You'll gonna meet him tomorrow night."

"Talaga? Are you happy Julie? I mean are you happy with him?"

And it took a few seconds before Frencheska heard Julie's answer.

"Of course, of course. I'm happy. I couldn't ask for more, sobrang understanding and caring ni Kim, Maq."

"Good! I'm happy that you're happy."

'Lies. I'm sorry Maq, i have to lie. I'm happy but I don't know Maq but lately i can't figure out, i still felt something was missing pa rin, still fell the emptiness. I don't know, i easily get bored? Fall out of love? I don't know! It's been four months pa lang naman that were together but i don't know why. Mahal ko naman si Kim di ba? Sinagot ko nga dahil mahal ko siya, di ba? Mahal mo nga ba Julie?
Oo naman siguro? Julie bakit mo sinagot na hindi ka pa naman pala sigurado? Ugh!'

"Julie still there?"

"I'm sorry Maq."

"Hulyeta, happy ha.. are you happy nga ba? Why are you spacing out? Are you happy nga ba? Are you trying to convince me or yourself? Hulyeta???"