Chapter 13

Julie was immobile beside Kim. Shocked, worriness evident on her face.

"Julie, let's go."

Elmo said in an authoritative tone (with steady fixation at Kim) that made her flinch a bit that he just ignored and grabbed her hand.

" Excuse me pare ha... You may not know me but she's my girlfriend and I'm taking my girlfriend for lunch! "

He answered Elmo shouting.

Her mouth was slacked, no words came out but he felt her hands shaking that made him curse himself for behaving the way he is now... In fact, he has no right to be jealous in the first place. But he can't help it, he's too jealous that he wants to punch him hard on his face.

He took a deep breath before he spoke to Kim again.

" Sorry to ruin your plans. But she's coming with me, in fact we're already late. We have a secret project going on--- that she forgot telling you... I think."

He said calmly this time but never let go of Julie's hand, he turned around and looked at Julie's face on the brink of crying. He tightens his grip on her hand, trying to assure her that everything is okay.

" Julie?" Kim asks, trying to get her attention that was just focused on Elmo.

"Ahm.. Yeah. Kim, I-- I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you that I'll be off s--somewhere for a project... Ahmm Sunday... Sunday is the only free day we had and We... I... I... I have to go, We're late na kasi. Sorry."

" It's okay bhe... It's work. Give me a ring when you get home. Okay? Take care."

As understanding as he is, he just leaned in for a hug but he was hesitant to do so, their hands were still entangled like it was glued. This time she tightened her grip on his hands when she saw his face almost choking on his rage.

Kim didn't proceed to hug Julie. She felt his hold losen, he turned his head away, swallowing down his frustration.

Out of habit Julie kisses Kim's cheeks and bids goodbye.

"O-- Okay. I... Ahmm call you later."

"Julie, let's go, we're late."

He said and took a few steps away from them. When she saw him walking away, she followed him right away without giving a second glance on Kim.

Kim was left heart broken. He felt it, he can't ignore the truth. He saw how her eyes shine when she saw him even though she was a bit shocked. He knew she was quite shocked to see him, not Elmo. Maybe she was too excited to be with Elmo that she forgot that he asked her for lunch. She was cheating on him. He decided to talk to her the soonest, even if it would break his heart he has to let her go. He just wanted to hear it from her directly. When a friend of his told him that he saw Julie and Elmo kissing in a bar last December, he just ignored it. Since inside the bar was dark and he's not really sure if it was Julie and Elmo. He never doubted her, especially when she had a Christmas vacation together with her family in Japan because she was constantly communicating with him, she never changed...she was still the loving, caring and thoughtful girlfriend to him. But he admits that he's partly to blame because he barely had time for her...he can't blame her. It's lately that he noticed that she barely calls him, she even stopped sending her sweet messages and their nightly talks before going to sleep...He was just thinking she's busy or tired from work, but lately he can't help but notice that everything between them changed. And she started lying to him... He's positive, it was Julie and Elmo kissing, he saw a few nights ago.

And now, he saw it with his bare eyes... Julie Anne San Jose was still crazily, deeply in love with his ex loveteam.

'Ex loveteam? Who knows, they might be ex-lovers. She just didn't tell you about him. Once and for all talk to her. She's cheating on you, it's very clear. God. How can she do this to me? Because she's still very much in love with her ex loveteam. You saw how her face lit when she saw him. She's not like that when she sees you or when she's around with you. Let her go, yes you love her but there's no sense to hold on to something you knew you never had in the first place.'