Chapter 73

(Please play the song on loop while reading the whole chapter!)

Everyone was standing on the threshold with Anirudh.... He was going to step in when Ishu stopped him and went inside and brought aarti ki thaal for him....

Ani: zaroorat nahi h iski choti...

Ishu: aapko nahi hogi... hume h.... itni badi musibat se nikaalkr laaye h aapko.... ab chup chaap aarti krne dijye...

He frowned and said, "ab aarti bhi daantke karogi??"

Everyone looked ta him all shocked as this was the first time after Bondita's death, that he tried to lighten the mood....

Ishaani smiled widely with tears and bobbed her head up and down vigorously saying, "haan... daantungi... aap sunte nahi h kisiki bhi..."

He too smiled a little and patted her head and she did his aarti....

"DADDAAA!!!" Mini came running from the stairs...

"ANGEL!!!" he too ran to her and embraced her in his warm fatherly love....

She cried clutching his kurta a lot while he patted her head.... other's too became emotional seeing the duo....

Ani: bas beta.... kyun ro rahi ho??

Mini: I hate you..... ese koi jaata h kya?? mein aapse baat nahi karungi??

He chuckled and said, "I'm so sorry baby, par tum to mujhse baat kr rahi ho.... dekho!!"

She looked at him frowningly and said, "mein baat nahi kr rahi, daant rahi hu.... I hate you!!"

She hugged him even tighter making him more weak... 

Ani: but dadda loves you Angel... isliye to waapas aa gaye...

He cupped her face and peppered lots of feathery kisses on her face....

She cried harder and looked at him from head to toe... he was not at all looking like her old dadda.... he was looking like a roadside drunkard.... The hairs which used to be perfectly trimmed and gelled were unevenly grown up and were dirty and messy.... the face which used to be well shaved earlier had grown up beard now...the face which used to have a lot of glow was now fully paled.... those eyes which used to glitter every time, now became yellowish with deep dark circles underneath.... He was looking weak and skinny.... the person who used to wear well-ironed western suits and pant shirts, was now wearing in simple off white kurta-pyjama which were not at all fitting his body as he had lost a lot of weight because of improper diet and fulfilling his hunger with excessive drinking and smoking....

He noticed her gazing him head to toe, thus to divert her mind, he said, "Angel, kesi ho tum?? dida ke yaha sab kese h??"

She looked tearfully at him and said, "mera dhyaan bhatka rahe ho na aap?? ye kya haal banaya h aapne apna dadda?? Mumma mujhe daantengi ki meine aapka dhyaan nahi rakha acche se.... aapko accha lagega agar mumma aate hi aapki Angel ko daante??"

All of them standing there were having tears in their eyes..... and listening to the little soul still expecting her dead mother to come back made them cry silently....

Kaka came forward and patted Mini's head and said, "nahi daantne aegi ab tumhaari Maa tumhe beta.... nahi aaegi vo..."

Mini looked ta him and stubbornly said, "aaegi vo.... vo mujhe roz dreams me aake bolti h ki vo aegi waapas apni baby ke paas.... " she looked at Anirudh and wiped off his tears and asked, "aaegi na dadda??"

He smiled at her and said, "Bilkul aaegi.... apni baby ke paas bhi aaegi or baby ke dadda ke paas bhi aaegi.... dekhna tum...." They grinned at each other widely after so many days and gave a victorious high five ti each other