Opening Night

"Emma, you're way too pregnant to go with me."
"But Will, what if I go into labor and you're not here. Will, I just want you to be close to me especially since I could go into labor anyday or anytime. You have to understand that."
"I would let you go with me but doctor's orders. I am pretty sure you will be fine until I get back. This is Rachel's opening night and it's a once in a lifetime thing."
"Alright, Will, but if anything happens while you're gone, I am calling you."
"Okay, sweetheart. I wish you could go with me, now I need to sell the ticket and change our hotel reservations."
"Didn't you say Sue wanted to go?"
"Em, I don't want to take Sue.. That's like asking for a death wish."
"Just think about it, okay?"
"Alright, Em. Only for you."
"Thank you, now can we go to sleep?"
"Of course, come here, Em."

*The Day Will Leaves For New York*
"Do you have everything, Will?"
"Except you and this little guy." He kisses her and then kisses her stomach.
"We will miss you too, you know."
"You better, that's all I have got to say." Will winked and put his arms around her and swayed back and forth.
"Okay, seriously you're going to miss your flight."
"Look, Em I really want you to come to the airport with me but darling, you can't drive in your condition."
"Will, you're going way too far."
"What if there was an emergency and I needed a car as soon as possible and I didn't have one?"
"Okay, that's a good point. I just wanted to tell you goodbye at the airport. I will miss you and you're leaving me."
"Em, I am not leaving you I am coming back within a few days. I love you, but I worry about you. Just take it easy while I am gone, okay? There is a reason that pregnant women go on maternity leave."
"Fine, Will. I love you and call me as soon as you get there."
"I will, babe." Will kisses Emma and leaves.

Emma is all by herself sitting on the couch watching TV when shooting pains ran through her stomach, she thought they were nothing until they became stronger. She researched a little bit and figured out she was in labor. Emma started to panic and called Will. Will was talking to Rachel back stage when he heard his phone ring, the caller ID read "Emma❤"

"Hello?"

"Will? Has the show started?"

"No, I am backstage with Rach."

"Oh, tell her to break a leg. Oh, and also you need to get back here as soon as possible. I am in labor."

"Right now? Omg, I am coming, just wait I will be there okay? I am on my next flight home. Just stay calm baby, everything will be fine."

Will runs to the airport and catches the first plane out while Emma makes her way to the hospital. A few hours later Emma was fully dilated when the doctor walks in.

"Okay, Emma. It's time to start pushing, you're fully dilated and what's best for the baby is for you to push."

"But Will isn't here! I need Will!!"

"Emma, if you want your baby and you to be healthy just listen to me, okay? Now let's start pushing."

Emma followed instructions and just as the baby was close to being born Will runs in. Emma raises up and smiles seeing that Will made it just in time to see the birth of his child. Emma pushed one last time and the baby's cries filled the room as Will leans over and kisses Emma on the forehead. As they held hands and watched as the doctor's took care of their child, tears streamed down both of their faces, finally realizing they are parents.

"It's a boy, what's his name?" The doctor asked.

Emma said, "Daniel"

And Will said, "Finn"

Then they said together "Daniel Finn Schuester."