Not Just Any Surprise

Emma walks through the door with Danny on her hip, trying to make him comfortable around her stomach and places her keys next to the door.

"Will?"

She is greeted by him when he makes his appearance from the living room.

"Hey, sweetheart." As he kisses her and she seems breathless.

"Are you okay?"

"I am fine" she says when she places Danny on their couch.

"Just a little tired. What have you been doing all afternoon while we went to the park?"

"I have been trying to put the crib together. I am actually almost done, but I do have the swing built."

"Look at you being all mechanical." She kisses him.

"I should be mechanical more often."

He shimmies a little as Emma shakes her head and laughs.

"You're crazy."

"Oh, I know, but I am only crazy for you."

Will reaches out his arms to place them around her body until she stops him.

"Will, stop it." She laughs a little.

"How was the park, Danny?" He turns to his son as Danny climbs down from the couch, reaching up for Will to pick him up.

"It was fun, daddy!!"

"Oh, it was, huh? More fun without me there?" Will and Emma start laughing as Danny shook his head no to the question and buried his head in the crook of Will's neck. It was noticeable that it was indeed his naptime as Emma watched Will closely watching him sway to get Danny to sleep, even though Danny was exhausted it still took a few minutes for him to go asleep and with the help of Will he was off to dreamland. After putting Danny to sleep Will and Emma finally had time to themselves, it was a long day for the both of them.

"So, Em, how are you feeling?"

"Ehm, tired, I never have energy and poor Danny he always wants me to play."

"Em, don't worry about Danny, he understands that your tired, he doesn't love you any less. Remember this Emma, he looks up to you as well as me, he will always love you, sweetheart." Will puts a finger under her chin and makes her look at him.

"Since when did you become the guidance counselor?" she smiles as Will laughs.

"So how is the little guy in there?"

"You mean, guys."

"What?"

"Twins, Will. We are having twins." Emma smiles, she never told him yet and this was the perfect moment to tell him because of the little sweet romantic chat, that he made romantic.

"What?! Really??" Will is smiling from ear to ear with so much excitement. "Em, are you okay with this? How long have you known?"

"I found out today, I knew you wanted to put the crib together and everything but I guess we will have to get another crib anyway." Emma laughs as Will grabs her face and kisses her lips.

"I love you, Em, so much!! You never answered the question though."

"At first I was nervous, I mean for Danny, but other than that I am so happy to have two more babies with you, after all we do make cute babies as we have said before."

"Don't worry, Danny seems like he would be a great big brother, I am not too worried, but we do have to give him attention too, we will figure that out when we get there, though. Don't worry, Em." After Will simply said that Emma laid her head on her shoulder, Will always knew how to calm her down even though he didn't know how freaked out she was over this.

"Thank you, Will, I love you. You always know just what to say."

"How about we cuddle until Danny wakes up and after that we will go get some dinner."

"Alright, Will." As they walk over to the couch Will sits down then Emma as she tries to cuddle into him as much as possible, but resulted into making Will sit open legged with her sitting in between them laying her head on his stomach as they both placed their hands on her stomach.

"Will?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Are you sure you are happy about the twins?"

"Of course, why would you think I wasn't?"

"I don't know, you know how I am, Will."

"Sweetheart, don't worry so much, I love you and you have always known that I wanted to be a father and more kids the better." Will kisses her forehead. Emma smiles thinking about the last thing he said she never thought a man would love her so much to have a lot of children, but Will did.

"Em, I have a confession to make."

"What is that Will?"

"I secretly hope all of our kids have ginger hair."

"Why? It's not exactly the best feature.."

"I love your ginger hair and when I take them places by myself I want people to know that I had them with you, no questions asked."

"Well, I hope they all have curly hair, like you and I hope all of our boys have your cute kirk douglas chin dimple. Danny has it a little bit and it's adorable. You know what, Will?"

"What?"

"We just described Danny."

"We didn't describe his adorable eyes that look just like yours."

"Nope, we didn't. I am so glad you love my eyes."

"How could I not? By the way, if we ever have a girl, I hope she looks exactly like you." Will leans down and kisses her nose.

"Will!! Let's just hope she never has my problems."

"I think your problems are adorable, that is what makes you my Emma, but Emma I wouldn't worry about that, we are nothing like your parents use to be and we will never let her go to a dairy farm, even though I know that Danny wouldn't push her in." Emma smiled to herself picturing her first born being overprotective of his little sister.

" I agree, I can't wait, Will."

As they cuddled and sat in silence, it was a quiet night for the Schuester family.