Dinner With the Parents

*Continued from Part 14 "A New Joy"*

Will and Emma didn't really get to talk about their good news and get to really take it in, but they knew after they set up dinner that they could before their parents got there. Before Will started helping Emma with dinner he called his parents telling them about the dinner and agreed to come over and have dinner with all of them. By 6:30 everything was ready and when Will and Emma walked into the living room they saw their baby boy asleep on the couch, they both smiled at him as Emma made her way to him, kissing him on his forehead, and standing back up looking over to Will.

"You know, we make cute babies. Especially when they sleep."

"Will, that's how you sleep and I would know." She laughs after her statement.

"oh and Will, I always knew we would make cute babies." Will kisses her and places his hand on her stomach.

"Baby, I love you and your mommy so much." He crotches on the floor to where his face meets her stomach and places a kiss on it. Emma looks down and smiles at Will, she always knew he would be a good dad but she didn't know he would be just as excited as he was with Danny. Will stands back up putting his arms around his wife making Emma cuddle into his embrace and start swaying before they knew it, there was a knock at their door as they look at the clock seeing that it's 6:50.

"It's probably my parents, Will. They always have to be early." Emma opens the door to see her parents.

"Come on in, while we are waiting let's go in the living room."

All 4 adults walk into the living room, Emma's parents first as they saw Danny asleep on the couch.

"He is such a cutie." Rose implied as she turned to her daughter and son-in-law.

"Just like his daddy." Emma whispered to Will as he laughed at how cute his wife was being.

"I better go put him in his bed."

Will picks him up and takes him to his room putting him in his bed, Will kisses his forehead saying goodnight as Emma comes up behind Will doing the same as he just done. As Will and Emma make there way back to the living room there was another knock at the door, signaling that Will's parents finally arrived. Will and Emma had never had their parents together, but they hoped nothing bad would happen on such a fabulous night. While Will opened the door, Emma stayed in the living room with her parents to keep them company, after a few minutes Will called everyone to the dining room. Their parents greeted each other and sat down while Will and Emma went to go get the food. Emma started picking up the main part of the meal when Will stopped her.
"Em, this is too heavy for you."
"Will, it's fine, I'm fine."
"Yeah, but you're pregnant."
"If I let you carry this will you stop making a big deal?" She giggled slightly.
"Yes!"
"Alright, then, you can carry it, Will."

Will and Emma walk into the dining room where their parents were as they sat around and talked. When they walked back into the room they all looked towards them and smiled.

"So why are we here for, Emma?" Rose said.
"Well, Will and I have important news to share. I really think you're going to like it."
"Alright, so what is it?" Mrs.Schuester replied.

Will and Emma looked at each other and Will nodded to her.

"Okay, well.. I am pregnant." Emma said while smiling as both sets of parents jump up and walk towards them.

"Emma, Will. I'm so happy for you! Does Danny know?" Mr.Schuester asked.

"Umm, yes, yes he does. I don't think he has an idea what to expect though." Will implied.

"He will be okay, Will." Rusty said.

"Let's eat!" Emma said as she smiled.

They all ate their dinner and left with smiles on each face. A new baby is always something to celebrate.