Chapter 13 (Blake)

I wake up to Emily singing. She smiles when I wake up and runs her fingers through my hair. "Morning sleepy head," she murmurs as she leans down and kisses me on the forehead. I smile. If I had to be stuck in a hospital, I'm glad I could be with Emily.

  "Good morning baby," I say while I stretch. I hear popping in my back. "What time is it?"

  "Almost eleven thirty. And," she adds with a smile, "the pictures are everywhere online. Chase and Vicki texted me and said she is totally embarrassed but Sam doesn't seem to care."

  I roll my eyes. "Sam doesn't care about anything. But, if Claire is sad, he'll pretend to be sad with her. She is the only thing he even remotely cares about."

  "He's had other girlfriends Blake. Don't you think he cared about them?"

  I raise myself onto my elbows and look at Emily. "No Emily, I don't think he did. He dated my sister and broke up with her after a week and he said he was dating her because she was desperate and he felt bad for her. He is a player. He doesn't care about people's feelings, other than perfect little annoying Claire."

  "Oh Jesus, I didn't know he did that Blake. He's a jerk. I'm sure your sister can find someone better."

  "I hope," I mutter.

  We both look up as the door opens and an old man with gray hair walks in. "Blake Dewer?"

  "That would be me," I grumble unhappily.

  "I'm Dr. Charles. I'll checking on you. Now then, let's see your leg."