Part 25

Casy Adams.

"I wanna bring her a pizza. She loves pizza." I say while getting off his lap, walking across the meeting room.

"I'll order some." He says while grabbing the phone on the table in the corner of the room. "Which one."

"Cheese, loads of cheese. You can order 3 pizzas' so we can eat with her!" I say really enthusiastically.

"I think her mom and dad went to visit her this morning and the nurse told me she can go home for the holidays to celebrate Christmas with them. She has to come back to the hospital first thing Monday morning though." I say, cleaning the floor where I spilled whipped cream, and cleaning the floor at the window where I spilled........myself.

"Oh, that's nice, at least she can spend Christmas with them. I know how much children love Christmas." He says while dialing the phone to order.

Once he ordered everything and I cleaned everything, we walk out of the door, he grabs my hand and holds it tight while we're walking past everyone downstairs. I even got a couple nasty looks from some girls.

"Can we go to that big toy store near The Plaza on Fifth avenue? I wanna buy her a present for Christmas." I say as we walk outside while holding hands. It's freezing but beautiful, some people are singing in front of houses as we walk by and I see children running on the street, having a snowball fight.

"You really care about her, don't you?" He says to me as he looks at me and gives me a small kiss on my head. I do care about her. I know that she's just a patient, but I've been taking care of her for months.

"I think she deserves a present for Christmas." I say and I squeeze his hand a bit, trying to not ruin the moment by bringing up the sad part.

"We're getting her some presents don't worry." He says and he pulls me around the corner where I see the store. We were already so close, so it didn't take long for us to get there. It is the biggest store I have ever seen. I even think this is the biggest store in whole New York.

He grabs my hand towards the entrance of the store as we walk in and my jaw drops. This is pure heaven. We walk in and I see this gigantic tree, decorated with all kinds of stuff you can think of. Cookies hanging on the tree, Christmas balls and lights. Angels, stars, Candy canes..... everything.

A small locomotive, a train rails that goes around the whole store, filled with Candy so that people can grab some when the little play train rides past them.

Big teddy bears everywhere with Christmas hats on and scarfs, dolls that sing 'Let it go' if you press the button on their back. A shelf with drawing books with pictures of Disney princesses or pictures of Santa and Rudolph. Christmas trees that you decorate with glitter and stickers. Little dresses for the girls like, an elf or the grinch and pajamas that looks like Candy canes. They have absolutely everything.

"Sweetheart what do you want?" He asks while I'm looking around me, touching everything I see. I can't decide... I want it all. I wanna buy everything to make her happy. Spoil her like she's my own kid.

"She likes drawing, I think I'm gonna get her two of those drawing books." I say as I walk up to the shelf, picking the two thickest so she can do this the whole day. The first one has pictures of Disney; Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora, Snow white, Belle, Mickey and Minnie, Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp and 21 other pictures. The next drawing book is Christmas only. Christmas trees, Christmas balls, cookies and milk, socks, Bells, The polar express, and another 24 pictures. She's gonna love it!

I give them both to James and he chuckles at how happy I am to shop for this little girl. "I wanna get her a book too! She loves to read, and she's been reading the same book over and over again. I wanted to give her a book from my place, but I forgot she's 6." I say as I walk over to the bookshelf with him behind me.