11. Let the game begin

When Arnav woke up that morning, he couldn't see Khushi anywhere around. Since the time of their wedding 2 weeks ago, he always saw Khushi first thing in the morning, either fresh out of shower drying her hair or arranging her clothes in the almirah. He looked forward to that routine. After all he never denied that he was attracted to her long before he had proposed her for marriage. But on their wedding night, when she asked for more time, he had gracefully kept his distance and continued to admire her from away. Their sleeping arrangement was a testimony to that, taking far ends of the same bed! It was difficult for him to suppress the urge to hug her being to be so close to her yet so far. But he did stay away.

Until last evening! The evening that changed a lot between them! For a good hour he had let himself badmouth her once again, letting his venomous mouth overpower his sanity, call her names! Something he did to her during her initial days at AR, when he constantly reminded her of her low-class lifestyle, accused her of being a gold digger and what not. But now, thankfully his nani helped him see sense before he went too far.

Why couldn't he control his words when he was angry? Why couldn't he watch his tongue when he used one of the worst adjectives you could for a girl? Especially the girl he claimed to be attracted to, the girl he was married to! And the said girl who now made it clear she felt nothing but hatred for him. Karma is real ha?

Until yesterday, he at least hoped she would reciprocate his feelings one day. But her hateful words from last evening were clear indication what she felt for him.

So now, he was no longer sure what he should expect. It was true that he had promised nani that he will work on their marriage, right all wrongs. But how? Where should he begin?

--*--

When Arnav got ready to leave for work, his mind was still occupied with Khushi's thoughts. He so badly wanted to clear her misunderstandings, make her talk to him. But he didn't know how. She barely spent time with him. And words were never really his forte!

Just then his cell phone started ringing, indicating a call from his secretary Aman

"Yes Aman?"

"Good morning ASR. Just wanted to remind you that we still need to figure out someone to take the vacant position of our event organizer. We have to find someone soon, before our launch event next week"

That was right. They had very less time left, and his ambitious project 'Panache' was so close to launch, not to forget their sponsor and partner Mr. Ishwar Mittal was very much looking forward to it

They needed someone who was smart, energetic and could handle the pressure. They expected back to back events in near future.

He was still in these thoughts while walking down the stairs when his eyes fell on Khushi. And suddenly he knew what to do to fix both the things in his life, his marriage, and his business!

--*--

Khushi saw him approach her instead of taking his seat on the breakfast table. She looked at him with questioning eyes trying to gauge what he wanted. But he himself cleared her doubt when he talked,

"Khushi, can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked in all seriousness and all eyes turned to arnav-khushi. Anjali, Shyam, mama-mami and even Akash's. Only Nani wasn't curious, she knew her chote was upto something good.

"Ji, of course. What is it?" Khushi asked, cautiously 

"Khushi I was wondering if you could help me in my office."

She was surprised but didnt say anything yet, so he continued. 

"You have already worked there so you know our work in general and with Panache I need a trustworthy helping hand. Akash already is busy with operations part, and I get pulled into many other things. I need someone who could handle our events, specially overlook the management part of it. and I think you can do it very well. What do you think khushi?"