S3 - chapter 14

We are still 10votes off target, but I'll be swamped at work tomorrow, so here's the chapter :D

--*--

"Chote, is this -true?" Anjali asked, exasperated after she heard Shital confront Arnav about Aarav's paternity. Anjali couldn't decide if she should be happy or sad... If Aarav was her chote's son, she could rightfully keep him with her. Only person coming between in this reunion would be ...khushiji!

"Of course not, Di. It's not true." Arnav was breathing fire, as he turned to bark at Shital, "What the f*ck are you on about? Have you gone mad?"

"I knew you would say this Arnav, that's why I have proof." Shital said, with a smirk and she retrieved a paper from her bag and held it in front of Arnav. But the paper was snatched even before she could rejoice in seeing Arnav's shocked face, as Khushi stood in between them

"What proof have you got Shital? a fake DNA report?" Khushi's words surprised Shital, but Khushi didn't let her speak much, "I have a better proof, want to see?" Khushi said and showed her a digital copy of a DNA report, "this! a real DNA report." Shital's face lost color as Khushi spoke next part, "But you know the funny part? It's not the report to confirm relation between Arnavji and Aarav, but it's the report of you and Aarav! and guess what, it's negative! How's that possible Shital?" Khushi asked, seemingly innocently, but all the occupants in the room knew that was hardly the case!

Shital couldn't believe this! Just when did this little minx managed to get a tissue sample of hers and Aarav's? Must be their hair! But when damn it? She did a big mistake by underestimating khushi. But never mind, she was a clever brain anyway, and she still had one card to play this game

"I don't know what report you are showing Khushi, but it's not mine! And if you paid attention to what I was showing you would have seen yourself." she said confidently, to khushi and snatched the paper back and went to Anjali, "Anyway, Di, this is my pregnancy report from 7 years ago from a campus clinic in Boston medical college, and see father's name, it's Arnav Singh Raizada. The medical authorities in the US wouldn't have put the name unless they had the father himself with me, right? I didn't want to say anything all these years and that's why I hid it for 7 years but now I can't see myself and my son getting insulted like this. Arnav, you have to accept Aarav, he is the result of our love. Remember the graduation night party when you were a little drunk-"

And Arnav had enough! He couldn't hear any more bullshit from her, and especially he knew he did not have any way to prove her wrong either. He pushed the chair he was standing near to and left from there. Khushi looked between the duo suspiciously, noting a few details shital herself mentioned and went out of the room too.

Anjali was still processing the information.

"Di, you believe me, right?" Shital asked Anjali who looked at her unsure and then nodded

'If you and your little over smart wife thought I'd let my hard work to get you go waste then you were wrong Arnav! I don't know about you, but I will prove I have an IQ for the Harvard grad!' shital said to herself, as she turned to explain her plan to Anjali

--*--

"Khushi, trust me there was nothing that happened that night- or ever." Arnav desperately pleaded to Khushi who was pacing to and for in their room biting her nails. If only Arnav knew, she had no such thoughts of believing shital's words but she was processing what shital said, again and again.

"Leave all that Arnavji, first tell me, who were you with on your graduation night? Do you remember? And were you drunk like Shital said?"

Arnav looked around nervously, knowing how she objected to alcohol, but hey, this was long before he even knew her! He decided to tell her everything, "I won't lie that I wasn't drunk, Khushi. I had a few cans of beer, but I wasn't that drunk to not know if I slept-slept with her. Since we had recently broken up, I was trying to maintain distance and she too was doing that-or so I felt. In fact, we were with Shefali, Ray and Pranay the whole time"