NSIV Pro - Part 4

Q/N- I heard NSIV was trending in top 10 books in India, so thought to update this first to celebrate! Enjoy :)

--*--

Anjali was in the car, returning from her doctor's appointment when she saw Shyam and a girl walking on the road. She opened the car window and tried to have a better look and was shocked to realize that the girl with Shyam was none other than Shital. But by the time Anjali could stop the car, the two sat in a taxi and left.

Anjali's mind started trying to think of possibilities with this.

What did this mean? Did sheetal know shyam or did shyam himself send her to Shantivan? But then dadi had brought sheetal home saying sheetal was her friend's granddaughter. Why would dadi ever conspire against her own grandchildren? That too joining hands with Shyam?

Anjali decided to go home and talk to arnav and khushi about this as soon as she could.

.

.

Khushi came in her room and went straight towards where she had kept her bags to take out her change of clothes for the night. The bags were still unpacked which she had gotten with her from buaji's house when she came back with Arnav to RM...

Arnav, who was working on his laptop until she walked in, noticed this. It made him frown not liking the scene, "Khushi why haven't you put your clothes in the wardrobe yet?"

Khushi halted in her action at his sudden query and then taking a deep breath, answered him, "Because it's for a short time, Arnavji. Why take the hassle to keep my stuff in your almari(wardrobe) and then again take it out?" she asked, without looking back at him.

Arnav kept his laptop on the table and went near her, "Khushi, but we had a deal. You are not going anywhere." He was exasperated when he heard her mention the 'limited time stay' again.

"Yeah, but I had put a star over there, jiske aage likha tha niyam aur sharthein laagu (which said terms and conditions apply). And the conditions are I am in this house only until shyam is arrested." She answered matter of fact-ly.

Her refusal to stay with him forever and taking shyam's name in the same line angered him and as usual he let his anger overpower his sanity!

"So, shyam is the bigger reason to keep you in the house than me."

Khushi was rightfully incensed hearing that! She shut the bag with a bang and turned to look at him with a disapproving look.

"Yes. I am staying because of him." She said making him take a step back at her sudden reaction, "But you very well know why it is so. And yet you-" she sighed. "You know Arnavji, what is the difference between you and Shyam is? And why does everyone trust him so much, including my family at first or Di, while they (she meant herself) refused to believe you? It is because of your kadvi zuban (bitter tongue)!" She listed his biggest shortcoming, "Yes, Shyam has most vile thoughts, dirtiest mind, and malicious heart, but he carefully sugarcoats his words. And that's what is visible/audible to people. Unfortunately, no one can see anyone's heart. On the other hand, you might not be so evil, or your heart might be filled with love and care for your family (again, she meant herself), but what they hear is your nasty words."

"Khushi! Whatever I did or said was to win you back, alright?" he said, through gritted teeth. If she already knew his heart, what did it matter if he spoke in whatever tone?

"Win me back? How exactly? And what were your ideas of bringing your wife back home? Making her and her family homeless?" she asked, and Arnav stood defenseless. He had screwed up there, he agreed. Sure, he wouldn't have gone through with making her 'homeless', he intended to just scare her enough to make her comeback but maybe that wasn't a great idea.