20. Tere dar par sanam (at your doorsteps)

Next day morning, Khushi woke up feeling well rested after a long time. Arnav and she had still shared the bed but kept to their sides (or so she thought but in reality, she had moved closer to him in sleep, and he had wrapped an arm around her, but she didn't know that). She looked around for Arnav only to realize he had already left for his morning jog. Sighing, she got up from the bed, tied her hair in a ponytail and proceeded to the bathroom for a shower.

But no sooner did she touch the bathroom doorknob, she felt his hand on top of hers. When did he come back?

"So what have you thought?" he asked. No hello, no good morning!

"Huh? About what?" Khushi blinked her eyelids, still clueless and a bit sad.

"Tsk tsk, I thought you were serious about repentance and punishments Khushi. khair, let me remind you, you promised to confess your feelings for me in special way." Arnav said with a smirk.

"But Arnav ji, you already know what I feel about you." Khushi said exasperated. what did he want?

"Do i? because last I remembered you were shouting at the top of your lungs how much you hate me." he said trying to be sarcastic in a playful way but that did come out wrong, for her eyes soon filled with big fat tears.

"I know. I am sorry. I will do something about it, soon" saying so she opened the door and closed the bathroom door behind her.

"Khushi listen-" but she had already started the shower, he could hear. 'sh*t' he cursed. After all this was his and Nani's idea but he didn't want Khushi to stress so much.

--*--

"what should I do nani? Wo chahte hain hum unse sabke saamne...hum kaise kahein(he wants me to-in front of everyone..)? Who samjhte kyun(why doesn't he understand)?"

"Why not bitiya? Jab nafrat ka ailan khulkar kiya tha toh pyar ka kyun nahi(when you didn't hesitate to show hatred in front of all, why not love)?" nani asked

"But how? Should I call a press conference, call media, go on-air? Kuch samajh nahi aa raha" Khushi was not able to think a good way to give Arnav what he had demanded, and again, Nani came to rescue.

"you have a success party for PANACHE launch tomorrow na?"

"Haan toh (So what about it)?" Khushi asked with a confused face

"hamare pass ek plan hai (I have a plan)" nani said and told her idea to Khushi. Khushi immediately loved it and hugged nani, kissing her on her old, wrinkled cheek "you are the best nani" she said

"pagal(silly)." nani laughed at granddaughter-in-law' antics. 

In all this they forgot, Anjali was clueless about this reconciliation!

--*--

The day passed without much activity for Arnav. He was waiting anxiously for what Khushi might do, in his heart he was excited to see her live up to his challenge but at the same time, remembering today morning's incident he also wanted to not stretch it too far. But Nani had assured him it was needed to push Khushi towards a definite step in their marriage.

He was still in his thoughts as he reached home around evening and contemplating going to ask HP if Khushi was around, when Anjali came out of nowhere.

"Chote, good that you are back. I was going to ask you if we should fix appointment with our lawyer tomorrow. As you mentioned yesterday, your marriage with Khushi is only for 10 more days, right?" Anjali who was still bitter towards Khushi and unaware of Nani-Arnav's talks, spoke her mind. 

Even before he could comprehend to reply his Di, he saw Khushi standing at a distance and swaying in her position. He rushed to her as she fainted in his arms. Nani had come there by then and rushed on their side.