S2 - chapter 1

Hello NSIV'ians! Hope you all are ready for season-2! I intend to make it even spicier, hotter than s1 with a bolder Khushi and a strong Arnav as they take on the cold-blooded criminal Shyam! Without further ado, lets get started:

Solace in your arms

The moment Arnav saw Khushi being pushed off the cliff, he felt his own heartbeat stop! That was it. God or whoever the supreme power was, was punishing him for his crimes by taking her away. For the second time in his life, he was going to lose a woman who was his entire world, first he had lost his ma and now his Khushi. At least the first time the mistake wasn't his but now? It was him who would be the reason for her dea-. Arnav couldn't complete the word. But he ran, as fast as his feet could take him, despite the numerous injuries on his own body. Somehow the pain that he was feeling in his heart was sharper! He kept shouting for her from the edge of the cliff, as if hoping against hope that she would magically appear in front of him. But as time was moving, he was losing hope.

And then he decided, he would go to her if she didn't come to him! if there was no Khushi in this world, there would be no Arnav either! That's it.

And that did the trick! Somehow, God showed mercy and Arnav spotted Khushi, lying unconscious in the shrubs, that were probably providing a cushion to her and had lessened the impact of her fall which could have been fatal! Arnav rescued her and gathered her in his arms. But she was still unconscious. Arnav knew she needed medical help, but they were in the middle of nowhere at the moment. It would take him at least half hour to reach to a civilization. So, he braced himself and hoped for another miracle, if not his sake, at least hers! She needed to live. She didn't deserve to suffer like that. She couldn't not wake up. Not before he had said all that he was dying to say to her since the day they parted away on airport! Not before he had a chance to dig out the truth and punish the culprits. and not before his kidnappers were put behind the bars, not just for harming him but for daring to put a finger on her. She needed to wake up and see all that, hear all that. So, he kept rubbing her palms, trying to blow air onto her face, doing a mouth to mouth CPR even, trying to revive her somehow. but nothing worked.

As a last retort when nothing worked he even shouted at her unconscious form, in a desperate attempt "You can't do this to me Khushi! Wake up dammit! Wake up Khushi! I SAID WAKE UP!" and then he begged her some, his tears flowing unchecked "Please say something Khushi. Please wake up". all the memories from their past kept flashing in his mind. How she had said she would become a star, how he had told her his own heartbeat mingled with hers. If he could, he would provide his own heartbeat to power hers! He kept her palm on his heart, and then her head against his heart.

And that magic worked, she graced him with a weak sound of her heartbeat, making his own heart roar to life! Arnav hugged her, feeling relieved that his life was finally returned to him! He kept kissing Khushi everywhere his lips could reach, her pale skin, her palm, her forehead, her eyes, her hair. It was such a relief to see that she was breathing, she was with him, she was in his arms!

--*--

Khushi insisted they go to shantivan first, despite their disheveled states. Arnav knew they needed to see a doctor, both of them! but khushi told him they were needed to go to shantivan urgently and Arnav decided to not go against her judgement this time. He still would make a call to their doctor once they reached home and call the medical help at home.

And just as he was about to open the door of his house, she stopped him.

"Arnavji I need to tell you something very important."

"Not now Khushi. Dont take stress." He knew she still wanted him to hear her out and believe her but he needed them to go to the safety of his home first.