18. Showdown-2

Quick note - pls read previous chapter to get a refresher about what happened until now.

--*--

Next thirty minutes Khushi spent moving the wheels of the time faster than anyone ever thought. Quickly coming out of the Kapoor house, she went to a nearby temple. First, she called Aman telling him her plan and he only admired her courage. He had expected her call but not so early. Though he was still bitter about her earlier actions, now was the time to stand by her and make sure ASR was released.

Next she called in a favor from Mr. Mittal, coming clean to him about how she was the one indirectly behind that whole fiasco. Though he was upset initially, he admired her honesty, and the old man knew the girl was in love and was truly regretting. After all he also had a daughter her age and he always saw her in Khushi. He promised her he will take necessary steps and bailout ASR, along with continuing funding 'Panache'

Finally, it was time to confront real culprits. She had texted Rohini and Manish asking them to meet her near Devi maiyya's temple. They were surprised to see her message but didn't think it would have any ulterior motives. After all what all could a naïve Khushi do?

--*--

Shyam was collecting his stuff from his and Anjali's bedroom, now that he no longer needed to stay in the house. When he had first met Khushi all those months ago and had heard her side of the story, he had seen an ally in her, who shared same hatred towards the Malik-Raizadas. And lucky for him, with some help from him, they had successfully got this family to bankruptcy now. With arnav in jail and a huge project out of their company's hands, it was imperative the Malik-Raizadas were almost on road. Just like he had been. If not for that unknown supporter who ensured he could continue his education even after his father lost his job and then he lost his father, he wouldn't have been here.

He was in these thoughts and taking out some of his documents stored in a top shelf in the almirah he and Anjali shared, when he accidentally stumbled upon a file. He wouldn't have seen it if not for the label on it which read 'Confidential – Shyam Jha'

And as he opened it, there lay the fee receipts of the schools and colleges he attended over the years, all funded by 'Devyani Raizada'. And finally at the end of the file, there was a handwritten note which was neatly clipped in there.

He recognized that handwriting...it was his father's and the contents of the note shook ground beneath his feet.

Because that note held words of gratefulness that his father expressed towards this family for helping them in difficult times....and how he and his son Shyam would forever be grateful to them....

The impact was so high that shyam slumped down on the floor.

--*--

When the Kapoors reached the temple, Khushi's confident stance and angry look on her face shook them. And unknown to them, the whole area was surrounded by underground police officers, along with a mini microphone and a button camera with Khushi that ensured their whole conversation will be recorded in a camcorder and projected in a police station in Delhi too.

"I have decided to bail out Arnav ji." she informed them calmly.

"Are you out of your mind Khushi? Why do you want to do that? We are finally so close to avenging what he did to our daughter, why do you want to ruin it all?" Manish Kapoor barked at her, making her flinch.

"Because he is my husband and I now know he is not at fault" Khushi had been a bit intimidated at the way Manish shouted but she had to stay strong. Just some more time and she will never have to face them again.

"We never asked you to marry him, that you did on your own." Rohini spat angrily

"I trusted you so much uncle, aunty. Why did you do this to me? Shital needs treatment, not justice. She was always in need of psychiatric help, even before meeting Arnavji. Her obsession for him was just another episode of her illness. You knew that didn't you?" she sensed her voice was coming out shaky. The whole truth was so horrible, but she needed them to confess

"Shut up Khushi. how dare you say that for shital? Are you saying she's crazy?" Rohini shouted

"yes she is aunty, she needs medical help. She always needed treatment, even before meeting Arnavji but you hid it all. why? why did you do this to me and Arnavji?" Khushi really almost crying now but she was hoping they will confess their crimes, and they did, finally.

"Fine! We admit we knew she needed psychiatric help, but she is our only daughter and if that Arnav married her, she would have become better but he refused. How could he? What did shital lack? She is rich, talented, was in Harvard and loved him didnt she? But he broke her heart and didnt even turn back. My daughter always gets whatever she desires, no matter what or whom. We tried to contact him so many times but he refused to even meet her. And then we realized we could take your help. We told you how he wronged her, got your sympathy and your trust we already had. We only needed his destruction so what wrong did we do? He is responsible for her condition and he needs to die; I have ensured that. Even if you back out, which we feared you would once you realized whole truth, we have things taken care of. My men are just waiting for my command and the moment he is out, he will be over" Manish Kapoor confessed in sickly calm voice. Khushi couldn't believe it was her same Manish uncle. If only he didn't deny Shital's truth...if only he didn't take advantage of khushi's trust. But they did. and they confessed.

As soon as he said that, Lucknow police who were waiting to get the full confession, came there, and put handcuffs on them. Having had enough evidence, Manish and Rohini Kapoor were put behind the bars and Arnav was released in Delhi.

Khushi and Aman heaved a sigh of relief! They did it!! An imposable mission was finally complete.

"Thank you so much Devi Maiyya" Khushi thanked the deity.

--*--

When Khushi returned to Delhi, her first instinct was to go to Arnav but she knew she had to make one more stop before that. Meet her Amma! The woman who raised her, loved her and guided her, until recently when she opened upto Khushi about her broken heart before marriage and Khushi had found another reason of hatred towards the Raizadas.

Garima couldn't believe what she was hearing. How did her one honest confession led to her daughter setting on a path of revenge? She never wanted this. Even if Arvind had wronged her, she would not want Khushi to go after his son, especially if he was not at fault.

"You have brought shame to me Khushi. at least ek baar mujhse pucha hota what did I want? How did you think seeing you playing with someone's life as well as your own would bring me peace? No bitiya, this has broken my heart and my trust. Ye tune kya kiya?"

Khushi finally let the tears flow, the dam which she had held within until now, broke.

"Humein kuch samajh nahi aa raha tha amma, hum behek gaye the (I didn't understand what I was doing Amma, I was lost). But I want one chance, I will make everything right again, please. I will make you proud again Amma, please forgive me" khushi held Garima's hands in a tight grip and continued to weep.

"you have to say this to someone else Khushi, if he forgives you, I might as well." Garima said, carefully avoiding to soothe her daughter, because right now she needed to atone her own deeds.

--*--

Precap – "where do you think you are going Khushi?"

"How can I stay here now Arnavji? I have wronged you, broken your trust, almost ruined you. I cant face you now" Khushi said with tear strained face, as she was leaving Shantivan with heavy feet.

"Wait. If you wronged me, I will decide the punishment. We had decided to give 7 weeks to our marriage right? There are 10 more days left for that."

--*--

A/N - 2 more chapters and an epilogue and will be done with season 1. I will leave a note at the end about what inspires me to write the "vixen series" as well as a sneak peek of next season. Stay tuned.