s2 - chapter 7

Arnav was still in conversation with the detective, Durjoy Sen, when he suddenly felt a weird feeling in his gut, as if something was wrong...very wrong. He shifted in his seat restlessly, hoping the uneasy feeling would go away. But when it didn't, he stopped the conversation abruptly,

"That's ok, Mr. Sen, I mean good job. But I have to go now." He got up, before adding a quick thought, as he remembered one of the kidnappers was under their protection, "Keep an eye on that man. chandu right?"

Durjoy sensed Arnav was probably meaning to rush to the police with the evidence, hence giving him the flash drive that contained the kidnapper's tapped calls and his confession, Mr. Sen took his leave, promising he would directly come to the police station as soon as Arnav is there. His team would bring the captured kidnapper, chandu, too, hopefully that would help them trace rest of them and their master, Shyam.

But Arnav was far from rejoicing this success, he needed to talk to khushi and ensure she was safe, that his gut feeling was wrong. Alas, if only gut feelings lied! As soon as Arnav switched on his phone to dial Khushi, a text message from Khushi got delivered to his phone. 'Arnavji I have to go, he has babuji. I am sorry, and don't worry I have jalebi with me.. I will be safe being so near to devi maiyya. i am asked not to take phone.'  Dammit! he swore under his breath, at the same time feeling slightly relieved, she had left hints in that message she probably typed in hurry. Jalebi was their code for gun, near devi maiyya meant the address was near the devi maiyya temple. Steering his SUV in the direction of the address she had cleverly added, he dialed Guptas. They also needed his reassurance too, and he would promise he would bring both, Shashi Gupta and Khushi, safely back home.

"Arre Arnav babua, kaise yaad kiya (how did you call)? ek minute, hum zara shashi babua ko dawai de rahe hain (I am giving medicine to Shashi)" Bua ji said, and this time Arnav felt gut punched!!

Khushi's babuji was at home?  f*ck!! That meant that was a bait! A trap! Of course! Shyam had played very cleverly, knowing Khushi will not think twice hearing about her babuji and especially after how he had provoked her yesterday! That bast**d!

"I'll call back later bua ji" and without hearing her answer, he cut the call. He had to search for Khushi. And now he scarcely hoped, she would be at that address...

--*--

As her auto was nearing the shady place Shyam had told her to come to, Khushi's thoughts were running haywire, all over the place, as she remembered shyam's words,

'ensure you are alone and don't try to act smart. No phones, no informing anyone, i am already tracking your phone, just one mistake and your babuji will be sent to a peaceful sleep forever.'

A chill run down her spine as she remembered the proof he had sent, her babuji tied up on a chair. Her heart went out to her babuji...why he was paying for being her father? so unfair.

She had to oblige Shyam, even though she knew what kind of deal it was. He hadn't asked for money in return of shashi gupta, he had asked for her! HER! Even the thought made her feel sick! Only solace was she now knew basic self defense thanks to last few days of practice and she had gun. Although she was a very beginner, this shall suffice for now. She had to ensure babuji was safely taken out of shyam's clutches and then she will tell shyam what it means to mess with a strong headed woman!

She lightly touched the hidden gun, inside the zipper of her salwar, another precaution she had taken in last few days, to order such clothes with an inside zipper.

Meanwhile, in another auto rikshaw, Subhadra malik was curious as to why Arnav's wife was going to such a shady area. She hoped to catch her red handed in some shameful act...