43 - Hakuna Ma'Vodka

"Okay so give me a minute to talk to Javi..." I say, stopping in front of the door of the bar we were all meeting at "Wait like five minutes..."

"Why?" Chris says with an innocent frown.

"Because, no one told him that you were tagging along..." I remind her, playfully punching her shoulder "Don't be difficult about this!"

"Fine whatever..." she huffs before shooting me the most terrifying smirk I ever saw "It'll give me a chance to catch up with lover boy over here..."

"Oh god." I groan pushing the bar door open, brushing past people until I stumble upon Javi sitting at an empty table in the back.

"Holla Chica!" Javi beams, his eyes lighting up as he pulls me into a bear hug "I'm glad you made it, you look great!"

"Thank you! You don't look so bad yourself..."

"Where's Yuzu?" he asks suspiciously, looking around the bar.

"Yeah... About that..." I start carefully, putting a hand on his shoulder "You know what? Let's go to the bar, we're gonna need some shots."

"You're scaring me..."

"Shots first!" I say enthusiastically, dragging him to the bar.

"Two tequila shots for me and my friend here!" Javi calls out to the bartender as we plop down on barstools and I don't fail to notice how she was eyeing him.

"Actually make that vodka for me!" I correct him, receiving a curt nod from the bartender.

"Vodka?" Javi chuckles with amusement.

"I'm Ukrainian!" I exclaim, stating the obvious "I don't even like tequila and I have way too many vodka quotes saved on my phone..."

"Let's hear them then!" he laughs, winking at the bartender when she placed two shots in front of us.

"Okay, let's make a deal..."

"I'm listening."

"Shots first!"

"Okay, do you know the span-"

"Spanish chant thing you make us do every time?" I chuckle, grabbing my shot glass "How could I ever forget it?"

We both raise our glasses, looking each other in the eye saying 'Arriba!' in unison, we lower our glasses 'Abajo!', bring them to the center 'Al centro! Y Pa'dentro!' before downing the shots. I shudder at the taste and the burning sensation the alcohol left as it went down my throat.

"So, what deal?"

"Alright, if my vodka jokes make you laugh you will refrain from killing me when I say what I have to say..." I smile at him innocently, signaling to the bartender for a refill.

"Okay..."

"I mean you're probably gonna kill me anyway because these aren't even funny but here goes the first one: when life gives me lemons what do I do?"

"That wasn't a joke, it's a question..." he frowns, completely oblivious to how flirty the bartender was trying to be as she refilled our glasses, leaning on the bar in a way that would show of her cleavage.

"When life gives me lemons, I add vodka!"

"That's..."

"Not funny. Yeah, I know." I chuckle humorlessly, poking him with my elbow "Next one... You ready for this?"

"As ready as I'll ever be..."

I clear my throat dramatically, one hand over my heart as I start singing "Hakuna Ma'Vodka! It means no memories for the rest your niiiiiggght!" I pause, looking at Javi hopefully while he was just starring at me with a blank look plastered on his face until he broke out a grin and we both burst into laughter, clinging to our stomachs, trying to catch our breaths.