Prologue VII: In the spotlight

"From Japan, Olympic Gold medalist Yuzuru Hanyu" says a female voice as I see him appear on the ice. He bows to it before taking his starting position in the center of the stage in the spotlight while the rest of the rink is plunged in darkness.

As the music starts I can see his costume sparkling, the small stones reflecting the light from the spotlights

As the music starts I can see his costume sparkling, the small stones reflecting the light from the spotlights. I see him do a triple flip and go into a back camel spin before reaching for his foot to execute a perfect donut. Step out on a trip salchow (really yuzuru?), footwork, combination spin. Well all that and the beautiful performance he put on! I cheer with the rest of the crowd from where I'm sitting, kinda proud of the fact that I taught him that one spin and that he put it in his program. As my eyes are glued to Yuzuru, thinking about how he just poured his soul onto the ice, I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket.

Yulia 💕
- I need help!
8:22

- LIKE ASAP
8:23

- LIKE NOOOOOWWWW
8:24

- Another 'career-threatening' wardrobe disaster?
8:24

- UM YESSSS!
- Get your butt over here like yesterday!
- Please?
8:25

I sigh, chuckling to myself, I gather my things and make my way to the changing rooms. I open the door, peeking inside before coming in and closing it behind myself. I see Yulia hoping on one foot looking for something around the room.

"What are you doing" I ask, amused by what I'm seeing.

"I can't find my damn skate!"

"What do you mean you can't find it?! You skate in like 20 minutes, you should be ready by now!"

"I know! But you were supposed to help me!" she whines, looking around frantically.

"You like to be alone before you go on the ice!!!" I exclaim, starting to look around the changing room.

"I KNOW!"

"Okay... Just relax! We'll find it, it has to be around here somewhere!"

We look around frantically for 10 minutes before Yulia starts hyperventilating and panicking. Oh crap she's starting to lose it. I kneel next to her as she buries her head in her knees. I start rubbing circles on her back trying to calm her down when I finally notice the blade of her skate sticking out from under her coat.

"FOUND IT!" I yell, grabbing the skate. I gather her other belongings as she laces her skate (water bottle, tissues and so on). She gets up so I hand her her red gloves but before she goes out the door I exclaim "Wait!" I walk up to her, zipping her red costume up "Okay you're good to go!".