Chapter 16: Ray Goin' Cray

Theresa POV

[6:30 a.m.]

So please don't judge me

And i won't judge you

And if you love me

then let it be beautiful

I shifted in my bed and sat up as Chris Brown was singing loudly near my ear. It was my ringtone for Ray. I turned on my lamp to try to find my phone but couldn't. I looked under my pillow and everything but it wasn't there. I listened as Chris repeatedly kept telling me to don't judge him. After it stopped i just decided to go back to bed and call him later but it rang again.

"Ugh where are you!" I yelled at my phone hoping it would reply. I listened quietly for it. Then realized it was on my floor under my bed "Found you!" i said. I looked at the picture of me and Ray then seen that it was 6:34 in the morning. What does he want this early?

"hello?" i whispered groggily.

"hey. What took you so long to answer?"

"i couldn't find my phone"

"Oh. Did you find it?"

"um, yeah i'm on it now" i laughed

"Oh yeah duh. Where was it?"

"it was on the floor under my bed."

"Oh. It must've fell when you went to sleep on me last night"

"huh?"

"we were on the phone and you went to sleep on me"

"I did? I'm sorry"

"It's okay. That's what we planned. We were trying to see who could stay awake the longest. You fell asleep first. you lost."

"Oh. Okay"

"yeah. So are you ready?"

"Ready for what?"

"I told you we were going shopping for my party. You said we can start bright and early"

"Ray i didn't mean this early. i meant at like around 9 or something. The stores don't even open until like 10"

"Not the ones i shop at. They open at 7 a.m. during the week"

"Wow. umm, Ray i'm not ready."

"Well get ready you have...20 minutes"

"I don't think i can get ready in 20 minutes ray"

"19!"

"Ugh fine!" i got up out of bed and started going through my dressers.

"I'll be there in 19 minutes"

"I'm not going to be ready"

"Then move fast so you can be"

"I'll try" i hung up the phone and got out some random skinny jeans and a random graphic T. It was the one that said 'Keep Calm and Get Like me' I hopped in the shower and did my hygiene routine. As soon as i plugged up my blow dryer Ray texted me telling me he's outside. I checked the weather on my phone and saw it was going to be 78 degrees outside. So i just left it wet and put it into a ponytail. I hurried and put on my pink and purple vans to match my shirt, grabbed my purse and headed downstairs.

I went into the kitchen to grab my house key but Mickey was sneaking into the house threw the side door.

"Hey" i said. She jumped. I guess she wasn't expecting to get caught

"Oh, Hey theresa. um I just went for a jog."

"Sure. in jeans and a half shirt?"

"Yeah. gotta look good jogging"