Chapter 12: Together We Can...

Ray POV

I was sitting in first period so excited! Theresa got her schedule changed because it was exactly like Neicey's and she didn't like that. So now Theresa is in my first period but she's not here. She didn't text me back last night either. I hope she's okay.

"What about you Rayquan? Do you have an answer?" My teacher, Brooke, asked me taking me out of my thinking. She tells us to call her Brooke because she's young and she says her mom is Mrs Moore not her.

"umm..." i looked at the equation on the board "Um...x is equal to 5 squared?" I said trying to do mental math but i was wrong

"Good try though you were close. Anyone else want to try?" Brooke asked. Then Theresa came in the door.

"Oh, nice to have you with us Theresa. Can i ask you why you're late?"

"We had a complication at home"

"Oh okay. I like your shampoo, I love the smell of strawberries" Brooke smiled. Theresa smelled her hair and frowned. She took the seat next to me.

"Hey" i said.

"Do i really smell like strawberries?" she said. I didn't even get a hey back. Well then!

"No not really. Lean over and let me sniff you"

"that sounds weird"

"you know what i mean" She leaned over.

"it's only in your hair. It smells good though. What is it a new shampoo or something?"

"No. We had a strawberry accident and it got all over me. I took a shower and washed my hair but i guess i should have scrubbed hareder. I got all the strawberry out just not the smell."

"Oh what happened that the smell of strawberries was so strong?"

"Well..."

"Theresa, you've already came in late please don't come in disrupting my class" Brooke said

"Sorry Brooke." Theresa said "i'll tell you later" she whispered to me

[an hour later]

The bell rung and everyone got up to leave.

"So why is it that your hair smells like strawberries?" She explained everything to me and i tried not to laugh but it was kinda funny.

"That's not funny" she said playfully hitting my chess as we began walking.

"it kinda is. But it's okay, strawberries smell good."

"Is it really strong?"

"No I can only really smell it when I'm really close to you. Or when i hug you like this" I hugged her. I picked her up so her feet were off the ground. Theresa is kinda short and I'm kinda tall so yeah.

"Ray put me down"

"Okay" i slowly put her down and smiled. She smiled too "So is that the reason you didn't text me back yesterday?"

"yeah, i'm sorry. I got caught up in the whole strawberry thing"

"it's okay." We walked in silence for little

"So where are you taking me?" she asked breaking it.

"to class"

"No silly, on our date" She laughed

"Oh!!! See I knew that. i was just trying to see if you knew that" I joked

We had gotten to her classroom. We were just standing here talking.