Chapter 1: The Move

Theresa POV

"Ressie!!" i heard my cousin Neicey call out to me "Ressie where are you?" she yelled again.

"I'm in here" i yelled. she came inside of the room

"Hey" she said as she dropped a box that was labelled 'sheets and covers' on the floor. "whatcha doin?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm on facebook duh"

"why?" She questioned

"cuz i can. why are you asking so many questions?"

"Because I can, Now i think you should get off facebook and help me, help you unpack" she tried to pull my rolly chair away from the computer but it didn't work because of the carpet. I stuck my tongue out a her.

"Whatever" she said

"But i wanna take a break. we've been unpacking all weekend. And plus, I'm talking to this really cute guy see look" i said clicking on his name. His picture popped up.

"Ooh he is cute...wait Rayquan?"

"Yeah how'd you know?" i asked with caution

"He is like at the bottom of the popularity list, he's a complete duchebag and not to mention really really dumb." she said sitting down on her bed. She started to take out some of the stuff that was inside of the boxes and folding it up. He doesn't seem like it to me though

"Are you sure this is the right rayquan you're talking about?"

"Rayquan Smith right?"

"Yeah" i said a little disappointed

"then yeah it's the right one. you should stay away from him ressie"

"Why?"

"Because it interferes with the tradition of the family"

Ugh not this bullshit again.

"But Neicey..."

"Nope stop. 1, you have to start calling me Mickey now. everyone including my teachers call me Mickey. And 2  don't wanna hear it Ressie you have to follow the rules" she said

"fine whatever" i said with an attitude. i told Rayquan i had to go and logged off. "There you happy?" i said

"Don't worry it's for your own good" She said "Now come help me unpack your things"

I let out a big sigh and slumped over to where she was at and started unpacking. Now i am 99.99999% sure that you are wondering 'what the hell is going on?'  Well first let me introduce myself. My name is Theresa Williams but people like Neicey or Mickey or whatever her name is call me Ressie. I just moved here to California from New York City. My mom and dad went on a 2 year trip to Africa, something about making their marriage stronger or something like that, but anyway so i moved in with my aunt Maysa and her 2 daughters Neicey and Leslie. she has an older daughter but she's in college right now.

Now my family is different from you average family. We are basically made up of all girls. The only males in the family were married into the family. Each couple had a daughter so no boy cousins on my mom's side. My mom, aunt Maysa and aunt Kay are all sisters. Our whole family is made up of what you would call 'popular girls' or whatever you wanna call it. But the popularity started with my Grandmother and her sisters. They went to Burney highschool and ran it. But popularity wasnt all that back then but my grandmother was. They all were really popular and so was the next generation, which was my mom and her sisters. My grandmother was the only one to carry on the tradition so she sent my mom and aunts to Burney and made them get popular too. They were Student council presidents, cheerleaders, president of the drama club all that good stuff. My Aunt Maysa was the oldest then it was my mom then my aunt Jay.We don't talk about her much because she did something that put a disgrace on the family. me and Mickey are the only ones that don't know because we're the youngest of the family so yeah. After they all graduated my Aunt maysa was the only one to hold on to the tradition. So my cousins, Meyanna, Leslie and Neicey are i guess the popular ones of Burney High School. My cousin Meyanna is at college right now though (i think i told you guys that already) Our family has a rep and nothing is supposed to mess that up, like me wanting to get to know Rayquan. I just really wish i could just do what i want without the so called 'family tradition' being held over my head.

"So are you excited about going to Burney?" Mickey asked me

"Yeah i guess, it's not like it's my first year of high school"

"No i didn't ask that silly, i said are you excited about going to Burney"

"And i said yeah" i replied

"Oh ok" do you know what your gonna wear?"

"nope, but it's getting late. we can figure that out in the morning"

"Okay" she said. I got up and went into our bathroom that we shared. I brushed my teeth and then Mickey came in and brushed hers. After we were done i put the sheets and covers on my bed and layed down. Mickey got into her bed, then turned off the light next to it.

"Ressie" she said sounding half sleep

"Yeah?"

"I'm really glad you live here now"

"me too Neicey...I mean Mickey" i turned off my lamp and went to sleep

=========================================================

Hola! Como estas? lol i learned that in spanish today. Yeah buddy! lol it means hi how are you... I think lol but yeah so im still updating as much as possible. i don't really have much to say right now but maybe you do, so you can leave some comments and stuff. They make me feel better and they make me happy enough to write more so you know go head and comment! lol

Love yhu guys!!!