Chapter 4: Surprises

Ray POV

[Skipping to Friday after school]

Me, Jacob and Trey are on our way to pick up Cassy from school. Well we're actually running because we're late picking her up. Trey and jacob had to stay after school to clean up Mr. Manion's room. They got caught throwing paper and had to clean the whole room as punishment.

When we finally got there, there was only one car in the parking lot. Everything looked empty and deserted. As we got closer I noticed that Cassy and her teacher, mrs. Hall were sitting on the bench outside of the school.

"There they are!" I heard Casy yell as we got closer. Mrs. Hall stood up and so did Cassy, they both had their arms folded and looked angry "Why are yall late this time?"

"Casandra let m,e handle this" Mrs. Hall said. "You guys this is the 11th time you've been late this month."

"You've been counting?' Trey said, Mrs. Hall gave him a death stare "Sorry ma'am" trey apologized quickly.

"look Mrs Hall, we're sorry. Jacob and Trey got caught up in something and had to stay after school but.."

"Stop Rayquan, I don't want to hear anymore excuses. Now, this is getting out of hand. Forgetting your sister, really?" I was going to say something else. I was about to tell her that we haven't been forgetting her just a lot of other stuff keeps coming up. But as soon as i opened my mouth to speak, she raises her hand telling me not to. I really hate this b.tch. She's number two on my hate list right under Neicey.

"Now, your going to have to start coming on time or i will be forced to call your mother"

"no please don;t do that. We promise this is the last time." I said kowing that if she called Lucy then it was gonna be World War III.

"you better, because mrs. hall has a life you know, I can't just sit here veryday waiting on you guys."

"Yes ma'am" all three of us said knowing that she aint got no life. Mr. Hall, our old gym teacher, left her for some random lady he met at parent teacher confrence. And they aint have no kids but i aint bout to say nothing to her.

We started to walk home, we each had to pay cassy 10 dollars to keep her from telling Lucy. She might only be 6 but she know how to hussle up some money from a nigga foreal. We got home and did our regular things. I went upstairs to my room and everything was different. Everything was doubled. Two beds, four dressers, one of my closets was cleaned out and put into my other one. two desks, you get it. But one side was purple and the other side was red. What the hell is going on?

I went into trey and jacob's room and there stuff was still the same. I went to check in Cassy's room. I walked up to her cosed door and i heard laughing coming form the other side. I opened the door and there was this girl talking to Cassy sitting on her bed. Everything in Cassy's room was doubled too. They were laughing and everything but my question is who the fuck is this?

"Uh..."

"Oh, Hi! You must be Trey?" the girl said

"No I'm Rayquan"

"Oh Sorry, i'll get it soon. Okay, I'm Alex and i'm your new sister"

"new what?!"

"Isn't it great ray? There's finally another girl in the house" cassy said. They both smiled

"Oh, yeah...great, will you excuse me for a second" i said shutting the door. I ran down the stairs calling trey and Jacob.

"guys! There is something weird going....on?" When i went into the kitchen where Trey and jacob were at, there was another dude talking to them.