Chapter 34

Luke

"Wakey, wakey sleepy head!" Alyssa said while opening the windows in my room. The sunlight shone on my face and I quickly covered my face with my blanket. I felt her sat down beside me. "Come on Luke. Please?"

"It's too early." I complained.

"Hmm," she paused. "Let's go skating!" She said with enthusiasm.

"I'm too tired Alyssa." I told her and rolled to the other side of my bed.

"Or let's build a snowman!" She suggested.

"I don't know how to." I answered her truthfully.

"I could teach you."

"Not today. I'm tired Alyssa. And it's too early." I told her and finally, I closed my eyes again.

"Oh," she sighed. "Okay. I just," I heard her sigh again. "I gotta go." disappointed is filled in her voice. When I felt her stood up from my bed, I quickly opened my eyes. She was already at the door when I sit up.

"Hey, uh" her face lit up. "Can you come over tonight? For Christmas eve? You could bring your little brother." I told her with a closed mouth smile.

She smiled and told me that she would come then left.

I felt a little guilty for pushing her away. In fact, she should be the one who has the right to push me away.

-

"Dude, come on! Focus Luke. Focus." Calum told me with his tone slightly rising.

We're having a "band practice" at Ashton's since his parents are out of the house to buy groceries for Christmas eve. His parents let him have us but told us not to make too much noise. Obviously, we disobeyed them.

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something." I explained.

"About something?" Ashton asked.

"Uh, yeah?" I answered him.

"Is it really about something or about her?" He asked again with his one brow raised.

"Her?" I asked him as if I am innocent. I know who he's talking about. Her. Danielle Anderson.

"Danielle," he said. "Don't act as if you don't know who I'm talking about Luke." He accussed me.

Well, it wasn't an accusation though. It was true. I know he's talking about Danielle and yes, I was thinking about her in the middle of our "band practice".

"Oh, Danielle." I paused. There was something in my throat and I quickly swallowed it. "I wasn't thinking about her, I was thinking of Alyssa." I lied.

It was the only lie I could come up to and I guess, it turned out pretty well. Ashton seemed to be convinced.

"I was just worried because she might have decided not to come over later for Christmas eve." I explained. "And she hasn't texted me yet." I added then checked my phone for some drama. Good thing is, she hasn't texted me yet.

"Oh, okay." He only said.

"Don't worry Luke, she's going to come." Michael patted my back. "So, let's continue?" He said with a smile then started strumming his guitar. Ashton started to hit his drums while Calum is strumming his bass.

"Come on dude!" Cal invited me and joined them.

-

I opened my eyes and checked the time on my bedside table.

8:08 P.M

I got home like two hours ago from Ashton's house. We left an Ashton being scolded by his parents for disobeying the rules inside their house. Michael sent him a message of our apologies because we left him without him even knowing. Well, poor Ashton though.