Chapter 21

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as I swallow the food in my mouth. I quickly stood up to hug him.

"Nothing, just checking if you're already home and Aunt Gemma let me in." he explained and we pulled away from the hug.

I motioned him to sat down beside me and he did so. I offered him food but he refused to eat.

"How were you guys when I'm not around?" I asked after I gulped a glass of water.

"We really missed you. They're definitely happy you're going back to school tomorrow." he said with I smile.

"Oh I missed you too. Don't worry I got some stuffs for you and the group." I winked and he chuckled.

Dad cleared his throat and I muttered a 'sorry' for talking while on the table. We stood up and headed to the living room to continue our conversation.

"How was the Philippines?" he asked me when he sat down.

"It's nice! Have you seen the pictures I sent to you and the group? It was awesome there! If I'm a billionare, I'll bring you there!" I exclaimed.

"Seems you really enjoyed, huh?" he said with a smirk.

"Yes! I really did. I've missed my cousin and my aunt and my uncle so much and it's really beautiful there. Just don't talk about the traffic jam." I said and he chuckled for the third time. Hearing Mike's laugh made me laugh too.

"Anyway," he said when we finally recovered. "I want to talk to you about something." he said in a serious tone.

"Do we need to talk this in a private place or something?" I asked him,

"If it's okay." he shrugged.

I nodded and lead the way to my bedroom for this 'private' conversation. I hope it'll end up well not like before in his house.

"Danielle, you know Luke and Alyssa are together right?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said in confusion.

"Danielle, I saw you kissing Luke last week." he confessed and my mouth gaped in shock. "I haven't told anyone about this, neither Luke." he said.

"Michael I-" I tried to explain but he cut me in mid-sentece.

"Let me talk first." he said and I nodded. "I didn't knocked last week and I'm sorry for that. I just knocked when I saw that you and Luke were about to kiss. Next thing, when you were still in vacation, I saw him texting you that he misses you and that he loves you. This question is bothering me Danielle, why are you and Luke together or some shit if you know he's in a relationship with Alyssa?" he said and there was a hammer in my chest.

"He told me he still loves me. And for all we know, I love him. I love Luke so much. He promised me that he will end his relationship with Alyssa as soon as she's already okay. He can't leave Alyssa in her situation and I understand. I hope you do too." I explained.

"If he loves you, he could." he said and I turned back, facing the window where Luke's house is visible.

"I don't know Michael. I trust him so much." I sighed.

"I know you do." he said, patting my shoulder. "But he's cheating on Alyssa." I turned to look at his green eyes. "Dani, if Alyssa will caught the to of you, do you think she wouldn't be hurt? She would be hurt as you were before." he said. His face full of worry and sincerity.

"Do you think I should stop Luke from telling me he loves me and show affection if he's relationship with Alyssa is not yet finished?" I asked him though I know he'll only say yes.