Chapter 39

Danielle

4 years later..

"Elle, he's coming okay?" Lau told me, trying to calm me down.

We're waiting for my boyfriend Kellin for like 2 hours and I'm getting really nervous that he might not come to our 1st anniversary. Yes, Kellin and I are dating in exactly a year today and I prepared a surprise for him in my house with the help of my friends, Lau and Gabby.

"It's already what, 3 in the afternoon! He said he's coming before 3!" I cried.

"He might just got stucked into traffic or he was still doing important stuff or he's buying you a gift. Girl, you need to calm down." Gabby said.

"He doesn't even answer my calls!" I said and sat down on the couch.

"Maybe because he's busy picking something for you." Lau winked at me.

"Oh yeah whatever." I sighed.

"Don't be such a pessimist, Elle. It's your anniversary! You should be happy and not worrying about what time Kellin is coming." Gabby said and sat down beside me. "He's coming okay?"

"And if he doesn't, break up with him, slap him, punch him, do what ever you want to do with him."

"Lau!" Gabby scolded.

"What? I'm just trying to say that if he doesn't give time for you, especially on your first anniversary, well, he's not worth your time."

I kept silent. What if Kellin didn't come? Does that mean he doesn't give time for me?

○●○●

Lau got tired entertaining me and telling me stories about random stuffs just to stop me from worrying where Kellin is so she turned the music on shuffle and sang every song that came on shuffle.

Clarity played, which was one of Gabrielle's favorite so the two of them danced like an idiot.

I'm not really a fan of music anymore, honestly. I don't listen to songs anymore. Whenever I hear music in the car, public vehicles or any public place, I don't pay attention to it anymore unlike I do before.

"Join us Danielle!" Lau invited me while dancing.

"No, I'll just watch the two of you." I shook my head.

"Come on Elle!" Gabby said and pulled me to her that caused me to stand with them.

"If our looooooove is tragedy why are my remedy?" Lau sang as she danced along with the beat.

"If our looooove's insanity - dance Elle! - why are you my clariiiity?" Gabby continued.

"I don't even know the lyrics!" I laughed.

"It doesn't matter! Just dance to the beat!" Gabby told me.

So I did.

I danced to the beat. And I look like an idiot, I know.

The music stopped and we all laughed at ourselves. New came along with guitar striking, etc. It sounded kinda rock.

"I didn't know you're into rock," I told Lau.

"It started with a picture," the vocalist started. "Those messages you sent to me," his voice was familiar though. I didn't know where and when I've heard it but it was familiar.

"OMG, 5SOS!" Lau screeched. "They're like one of best bands!" She announced.

"They're having a new tour right and Philippines is included." Gabby said.