Chapter 22

I pierced my eyes open and saw Luke's face staring at me. I sit up and he smiled at me.

"How was your sleep?" he said with a smile.

"Good," I assured him with a smile.

"What do you want to do?" he asks. I rubbed my eyes.

"It's up to you." I covered my mouth when I felt that I was about to yawn.

"Get up there, we'll do something." he said cheerily and I smiled whilst I stood up.

I followed him downstairs and saw him asking mum for permission if we could go out. Mum nodded and we waved them goodbye.

"Where are we going?" I asked him while walking down the block.

"Wait until we get there." he winked at me and wrapped his arms around my back, pulling me closer to him.

We reached an abandoned playground. The slide is dusty, the swing is swinging by itself because of the air. I looked at Luke, asking why he brought me here.

"Do you remember this place?" he asked me with a smile.

He walked to the swing and I followed him. I scanned my surrounding and I saw a familiar writing on one of the swings.

Luke and Danielle written inside a heart.

I smiled when I realized that this is the first place we became friends.

"Luke, how did you find this?" I asked him enthusiastically while smiling from ear to ear.

"I always go here until I knew they closed this. No one came back here, so when I went back here yesterday I rewrote that." he said, pointing to the swing.

"Thank you Luke," I wrapped him in a hug. "so much. You don't know how much I miss this place."

"You're welcome Danielle. This place is important to us." he hugged me tight.

We pulled away and I sat down on one of the swing and there we are, playing like those little kids would do in a playground.

I remember before, mum and aunt Liz would always make us play together but I don't like him because he's a boy. We always fight and then one time, he took me here and we became best friends. We wrote our names inside a heart, symbolizing that we are best friends forever.

"I love to see you happy." he said.

"I'm just reminiscing." I chuckled.

"I always reminisce." he said.

This place is so important to me. This is the place we became best friends, this is also the place we first fought, this place is also the place we first hugged each other.

"Whenever we're here, we always do something special." I stated.

"I know." he smiled. "Since we are here, I wanna do something special with you." he looked at me and stood up.

He offered his hand to me and I stared at it for a while. I took it and stood up as well. He pulled me to him until we were only inches from each other. He snaked his arms around my waist and look at me in the eyes.

"Look at me," he said and I looked at his ocean blue orbs."Danielle, I want you to know that I really, really love you. I am sorry for giving up on you that easy. I'm sorry if I broke your heart. I'm sorry if I was numb. I'm sorry for everything." he said with passion and sincerity.

"I promise, I will soon as possible break up with Alyssa. You know she's in a tough situation right now and I don't want to hurt her feelings in this moment. But I promise you, I will Danielle. We will be happy together and when we grow older, I will marry you okay?" he said. My eyes welled up with his words. I know he's sincere and I know that he really loves me.