Chapter 18

"Gemma, are you alright?" dad asked mum. Her hands are on her lap and she looks she may pass out any minute.

"Yeah, I'm just nevous." mum showed us a nerous smile.

"Everything's going to be fine mum. Don't worry." I put my hand over hers and she sighed.

"Thank you."

We've been here since 8:50 a.m and the plane is ready to take off in any minute.

I'm sitting by the window, mum between us, and dad is sitting by the aisle.

"Do you like anyhing sir, ma'am?" the attendant asked and I asked for water as well as mum and dad.

From our way to the airport to sitting here in the plane, I can't get Luke out of my head. He's been running and running in my mind. He filled my thoughts every passing minute.

What if he can't break up with Allyssa because of her situation? What if in one week that I'm not around, I will miss everything that happens there? What if, damn. No. It won't happen. I need to be positive.

I shifted at my seat and drink the water as soon as it arrived to clear my head.

"You okay there sweetie?" dad asked me.

"Yeah, nothing's wrong." I lied and smiled a closed mouth smile to my father.

The plane begins to move slowly and I took a deep breath. I saw mum close her eyes and dad held her hand.

I slowly opened the curtain from the window and I could see the blue sky.

"Wow," I said in amusement.

The fluffy clouds that I used to look up is just here in front of me now. The view in front of me is breath taking. I can't even look away and check mum's condition.

If Luke is here, he will surely annoy me for being so amused because he finds that thing so girly.

I quietly laughed at the thought and I can't help but wonder what they're doing right now.

What is Luke doing, how is Allyssa and her brother, if Michael went to the funeral, about Madison and Calum, everything.

I should be there.

But I'm not.

Maybe I should just enjoy the vacation and spend time with Jana, Aunt Meg and my family.

....

"Aah, Asian air." I heard my mum say and I chuckled though my head is throbbing.

"Sis, you're smelling pollution." Aunt Meg complimented and we laughed.

"Where's Jana?" I asked Aunt Meg.

"She's in school, dear. We're going to fetch her if you want to." she suggested.

"Sure! I would love to see her and her school." I beamed.

After placing our things, we entered the car and went to Jana's school to pick her up.

"So how are the things in Australia?" Aunt Meg asked us.

"Everything's fine in there." mum said with a smile.

"Aunt Karen's family moved in Adelaide." I added.

"Really? Wow." she complimented. "How's school Danielle?" she asked me.

"It's okay. I still hate Mathematics just like before." she laughed at my words.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" she asked me and dad cleared his throat.