Chapter 4

My eyes trailed up, meeting his. I took in a shaky breath, as he waited for my answer.

"Yes." I simply replied. My voice trembled.

He was slightly taken back, but dropped the protest. His arms loosened around me, as he backed us up, into my dresser. His hands gripped my waist and placed me on the top. His torso, placed between my legs. His fingertips lightly traced my collarbone till he reached my chin, gripping it tight. I saw the same look, I saw by the bench.

"What if I told you,.." He began. He shook his head, before continuing, carefully choosing his words. "I was abused as a child." He spokr firmly. My lips lightly parting, letting out a soft gasp.

"What? By who?" My hands pressed by his cheeks. My body filled with concern. Who made him go through that pain?

"I was abused by.. Her." His voice faded. As he became lost in his thoughts..

~ FlashBack: Zayn's POV ~

-- 14 years ago --

"Aw, say thank you, honey." My mummy encouraged me, as Lindsey gave me my present.

"Thank you." I shyly spoke, as my cheeks began to warm. She giggled, her cheeks tinting a shade of pink. She gave me a hug, and joined the rest of my friends.

Today is my sixth birthday.

My mummy and daddy threw me, a surprise birthday party. All my friends were here. We were all outside, playing in my backyard, when suddenly, the picture perfect moment, was darkened.

"Honey, come inside. I have a surprise for you!" She cheered. A wide smile hung on my face, as I ran towards her. She held me in her arms, as we disappeared inside.

We walked up the steps, that lead to my room.

"Mummy, why are we coming in here? What's my present?" I insisted.

"You'll know soon, honey. Very soon." She replied. I looked up at her, and I became frightened. Her sky blue eyes were invaded by a sapphire blue. I swallowed, hard. I focused my gaze forward.

We finally reached my bedroom door. She opened the door, slipping us inside. She closed the door, and headed towards my bed. She set me down, and towered toward the bathroom.

I twiddled my fingers, awaiting for my mummy to come back. The sound of high heels against the wooden floor, filled my ears. I looked up, filled with excitement.

My lips parted, as my eyes trailed down to her hand, watching the object she held in her hands.

"Lay down." She commanded.

"But mummy, why?" I asked.

"Lay down." She repeated. I nodded quickly, as she approached me closer. The bed slightly sunk, as she sat beside me. "Close your eyes." I shut my eyes, tightly. I felt my shirt be lifted, the cloth rubbing against my bare skin.

My eyes snapped open. My skin began to burn.

"Mummy.. That hurts." I whimpered. "Mummy, stop. Stop, Mummy, stop." I struggled to release myself from her grip. The red liquid was smearing over my bare skin. "What did you do, Mummy!" I shreiked.

She held me tight in her grip. My skin brusing. My breath quickened, as the first scars were made.

~ End Of FlashBack ~

A/N: Back to Darcy's POV

As he was lost in his thoughts, his breath suddenly hitched. His eyes blurred with tears. His grip around me, tightened.

"Zayn! Zayn, snap out of it! Zayn!" I yelled, shaking him out of his thoughts, that scarring memory. His eyes finally met mine. His features began to soften. His face dug into the crook of my neck. He quietly sobbed. I wrapped my arms around him, holding him tightly. I wove my fingers through his black hair, soothing him. "It's okay, I'm right here." I slightly shifted. His teary eyes met mine. "I'm not going to leave you.. I promise." I whispered. He slowly nodded. He leaned in, pressing his lips against mine.

~ * ~