Chapter 8

I groaned. My hands slid into my hair and I pulled. Pain pulsed through me.

"She's awakened." A deep voice spoke.

"Thank God." My dad's voice.

What was happening?

I slowly opened my eyes. Above me where two men. My doctor and dad.

"Why are you staring at me? Especially when I'm still in my night clothing!" I shrieked as I went to cover myself up, and look in the mirror.

I froze. My breath was stuck at my throat.

Oh My God.

What happened,.. to me?

There were bruises covering my skin. Blue spots trailing up my arms. My wrists were stained purple. I gasped as I saw my neck. There were cuts. Pale, wine red lines penetrated my jaw. Tears trickled in my eyes.

Who did this to me?

I ran into my dad's arms. His hug was warm and protecting.

"Dad, who did this to me?" I questioned, my words slurred. My face buried in his face.

"You don't remember?" Asked my doctor. I lifted my head from my dad's chest, my hands holding onto him.

I shook my head.

I looked, back up to my dad. He shared a glance with the doctor.

"The wounds must have affected her. Severly." The doctor explained.

I lost interest in the doctor's words, talking about my wounds. All I wanted to know was, who did this to me? And, why?

~ • ~

| A/N: Zayn's POV |

I brought the cigarette back to my lips. Taking in a deep breath and letting out a cloud before me. I batted it away and did took more in of the cigarette.

I can't believe, - Not her.

I can't control myself. I can't stop this.

I'm a monster. A cold hearted beast.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I took in more of my cigarette, as I replayed the night.

~

I held Darcy in my grip, my body towering hers. Her pleads rung through my ears, but I ignore them. And, I continue.

She looks so littel. She looks so harmless. She looks so fragile. She looks weak.

She looks like, her.

My grip tightens around her wrists as I imagine, her. Darcy begins to whimper as my harsh movements harm her. But, I can't stop.

My body is filled with the same emotion. The determination as I had before. The same desire I had, when it came to, her.

I wanted to let go of Darcy, but I couldn't. I was too lost in my thoughts. I was too, in the moment. I was, addicted.

Darcy's face began to pale. The loss of blood and the cracking of her fragile bones.

Loud knocks rung through the door.

"Darcy, are you in there? Honey, are you okay?" The worried voice of her father called.

I had to go. I set her upon her bed, caressing her with her covers.

My body was drenched with the same scent and taste. Tears and blood.

~ * ~

I'm taking this opportunity to update this story. I think this is a long chapter? A lot of things happened.. It may be a bit graphic? Just adds an extra twist to this story! What's next? x