Chapter 13

"Lindsey?" I asked. I was still trying to get a good view at her squirming body. My hands held onto her arms, holding her tight. "Lindsey, what are you doing here?" She sighed, and relaxed. I let her go. I watched her carefully.

"You still remember me?" Her voice was still sweet, just like I remembered. I smiled and nodded. "I've been spying - well kind of sabotaging your chances with Darcy." I gaped at her sincerity.

Sabotage?

"Why would you do that?" I asked. Her brown eyes looked into mine, searching.

"I'm going to regret this.." She mumbled. "Zayn, I was the one that hurt Darcy that night."

"That's not possible."

"It is. All you ever did was cause those markings around her wrists."

"How did you -"

"You were intoxicated."

"I was not." She rolled her eyes, frustrated, as she kept trying to continue.

"The night of when Darcy got hurt, I snuck into your house, when everyone was out, and I placed a substance in your liquor. The substance begins to impact, a couple hours later. Exactly when you were holding onto Darcy."

"How did you plan all this? Where'd you get this substance. Cause maybe if you lend me some -"

"Zayn!" She slapped my chest. I chuckled. That's my annoyed Lindsey. I put my hands in surrender.

"I still don't get it. This will sound stupid but, how do you know me? How do you know Darcy? How do you know where we live? How?"

"I hired an private 'spy'." She giggled.

"Why? Why do all of this?"

"Zayn, I have to protect you. And, if I have to protect you, from Darcy, I will."

"Protect me? Why would you need to protect me?"

"I can't tell you now, but please, stay away from her." I held her hands in mine, questions flooding me.

"Lindsey, why?"

"Zayn,.. She's the reason you're addicted."

~ * ~

I hope you like it,

Comment, Vote, Be Addicted! x