Chapter 26

* Darcy

My eyes fluttered.

It stopped. I was no longer choked, underwater.

My eyes fluttered open, and I glanced around.

How did I get here?

I was overwhelmed by the rush of memories.

All I remember was Zayn confessing and forcing me to answer his question:

Would I still marry him?

I'm blank.

I don't know my reply to him.

"You know Darcy, I have something else to confess." My eyes grew wide and I choked up the tears.

It was Zayn.

I took in a small breath.

"And what is that?"

"I'm not your beloved Zayn." I even was able to let a humorless chuckle leave me.

"You've tried to strangle me, underwater." I snared. "And now you make up a story that it wasn't you who did it? You're unbelievable."

Zayn had a simple smirk and disappeared behind a door.

He dragged out someone. My lips were trembling and I felt sick. There's was two identical -

Zayn has a twin?

He pulled Zayn up my his loosened shirt. His raven black quiff was dipping and he looked drained.

He through him on the bed. Zayn's body nearly twitched.

"What did you do to him?" I growled. The handcuffs holding me back.

"A feisty one."

I ignored his comment and did my best to caress Zayn.

His eyes were open but it was as if he wasn't here.

"Enough of this sappy love story. Zayn is on a drug I injected that is soon going to cause him to die from overdose. Happy ending."

"You little -" He tugged on my chin hard.

"You really sound learn how to not interrupt. But, I'll let it slid since I have a suggestion that will interest you."

I remained shut, glaring at him but my ears perked.

"In exchange for your weak fiancé, you must marry me instead."

My head snapped his way. Before I could reply he held a finger of his over my lips.

"I will take the wedding you and him planned. It will be delightful." He smiled. I loved Zayn's smile, but seeing it on his face, I wanted to rip it off.

"Who are you? Why are you doing this?"

"I guess I should tell you our story. My name is Alexander Malik. I am this idiot's twin brother. I am the better one. I always have been. Zayn on the other hand, was a weak, malice filled asshole. - this whole time I've been spending time with you. After Lindsay came, she kept contact with me and informed me when I could sneak in and watch my beloved."

"I am not yours. I am Zayn's."

"That's what you think. Destiny wants us together. And to get that, I must eliminate Him. He will be gone in a couple more weeks. Perfect timing for our wedding." He stood and brushed off his pants.

He leaned in for a kiss, but I tilted my face, he planted a kiss on my cheek.

He simply walked out, and shut the door.

Here I was:

On a used mattress, covered by thin sheets and beside me was my real fiancé, who would be dead before our wedding.

How could I fix this?