31 +

* Darcy

[brief context: Darcy is still in coma, and she's somewhat remembering how this how mess truly started.]

"Hey I'm Zayn Malik. Before we start, I need to tell you the truth."

~

A dream within a dream.

What a catchy line, Mr. Edgar Allen Poe left us.

My rubber boots slightly sunk into the muddy ground. It had rained early today and the smell of rain and dirty, wet ground saturated the air. I scrunched my nose and pushed myself harder to get home. If what I even have, is considered a home..

I'm truly adopted. My mother let the little white lie slip when we were arguing - about a couple months ago. She regrets it. It's visible whenever she senses me or hears my name. She attempts to cover up her awareness of my hurting with her poker face, but at the end of the day, she's hurting too.

Not only does that tick me off but it really fucking hurts. Knowing the family you've grown with, isn't actually your family. Knowing your biological parents didn't want you. But what affects me the most, is all the stories I've been told about my parents.

But I found a boy. Isn't the right type of boy, but he's reliable. His name is Zayn.

Zayn and I met on a cold night. Definitely in not the appropriate state. We were both intoxicated and on the borderline. On the borderline, our attention wasn't focused on anyone but ourselves. We were determined to just end it all. But being caught of guard, we saw one another. Once we caught each other's gazes, we knew.

A pair of anchors laced together, sinking deeper into the dark sapphire sea.

Zayn and I lived our short young lives together. Just like a pair of star crossed, naïve teenagers would. But it all had to come to an end. We were never the problem. Those around us were. The little saying, keep your friends close but your enemies closer was quite the bittersweet side of Karma that played in our chapter. Who knew Karma really wasn't bittersweet, yet only bitter. A type of bitter that made you stomach twist and knot from pain and agony.

Even if Karma was no longer by our side, we had to keep it all a secret.

So We Had To Forget.

It wasn't hard actually. We've known what it was like to be forgotten. Forgetting ourselves was the simplest task, we've gotten so far.

Zayn and I went our separate ways, when truly, we were still connected.

And we didn't know.

---

Author's Note:

Semi long, I hope. This should bring some questions up.

[hint: reread and this time pay close attention to the italicized words, or names. Try connecting to things you already know.]

Please comment before your thoughts or questions :) and maybe vote?

Oh and:

STAY ADDICTED TO ZARCY ♡

-d.v