A Million Miracles

+XXXXXXXX+

"Why didn't you tell me that you have been feeling trapped?" Lelouch asks as we wait to send the call. "When did you start to feel like that?"

"It dawned on me while I was sitting there," I shrug. "Though I was being a bit melodramatic back there, I still have been noticing this weird feeling. When we were out at the sea, I knew that was the freedom I always want to feel. Last year, I could leave campus, but now, there's too much fear and risk with doing so."

"That must be the reason," he grabs my hand. "It reminds me of the summer we first met. We couldn't go far from the house, but there was some room to roam. Kind of like the campus, but there's so much world out there that you deserve to see. I'm sorry that this is how it has to be right now."

I give his hand a squeeze, "That's what I get for loving a wanted man, and for being a wanted woman like myself. I don't blame you, and I don't blame myself. I should have talked about this unknown feeling with you."

"I am always here to listen when you need to talk," he leans over, pressing a kiss to my lips. "I might not always be able to fix the problem, but I can make miracles happen."

I grin, "Oh, I know that you can. I don't want a miracle from you, though. All I want is you."

His lips connect with mine once more, but it isn't a short kiss like the first one. This one has a bit more behind it, which sends a heat through me.

"Good thing we wear masks," I chuckle, feeling the blush burning my cheeks.

"You are adorable," he chuckles, placing his mask on.

I shuffle around on my feet as I place my mask on with my mind.

It doesn't take much longer for Lelouch to send the call, and then we are connected to a room somewhere in the Japan Special Zone. There's Suzaku, Anya, and Gino from the Knights of the Round, Lloyd and Cecile, and the helped that was at Nunnally's side at her inauguration speech. Suzaku (in his Knight of the Round uniform), Lloyd (in his normal attire), and Cecile (in a sexy red dress) are in the center of frame as they are sitting in chairs. Gino is leaning up against a pillar, and Anya is at the bar on her phone.

I've always enjoyed being shorter than the boys in my life for the hugs and protection, but it works perfectly as I can just lean into Lelouch's side as we are in the center of our frame.

"Ah! Three Knights of the Round," Lelouch says. "However, I don't see the Viceroy with you."

"Aw, I wanted to see the princess," I whine.

"We don't need to worry her with the details," Suzaku says.

"Excuse me," Lloyd rests his cheek on his knuckles. "I just wanted to ask both of you, are you the same Zero and Infinity as before, or are you a brand new one?"

"I feel absolutely brand new," I giggle.

"Zero's truth is not based on who is within," Lelouch firmly states. "It's the actions that measure the man."

"Ah-ha! A philosopher," Lloyd muses.

"You said you'd stop fighting and join in the Special Zone, but do you have full consensus on that from all the Black Knights?" Gino asks.

"Oh, we have more than that!" I state.

"Yes, a million people have been mobilized," Lelouch finishes my idea.