Destroying the Order

+XXXXXXXX+

My eyes shoot open as I burst through the nothingness that had engulfed me. The last thing I remember was throwing up before passing out, which means that I probably drained my energy in order to use Geass to save Shirley's life. The same thing that would happen when I had to focus and spend hours to move small objects.

I take a deep breath, pushing onto my elbows to get a view of the room that I'm in. Before I figure that out, I notice that I am wearing one of Lelouch's button-up shirts and hopefully a new pair of his boxers. After I get over the shock of that, I notice that I am in his room, and no one else is with me.

I scoot into a sitting position, leaning back against the headboard of his bed. My breathing quickens as I bring my shaking hands into view expecting to see them dripping with blood. They are perfectly clean and slightly pink as if someone really scrubbed them to make sure they were clean. For a moment my head spins, but then everything settles down.

The door hisses open, and Lelouch in his school uniform and with determination set on his face walks in.

"Lelouch," I choke out, and then break into a coughing fit.

"Sakura," Lelouch rushes to grab a glass of water off the coffee table, and then he is right by my side waiting for me to stop coughing.

It takes a minute before I can take a few sips of water and then talk without coughing my lungs up.

"I had just left to take a phone call, and I didn't think that you would wake up while I was gone," he sighs, brushing hair out of my face. "Do you feel okay? I've never seen you pass out, and with Shirley on the brink of having lost too much blood, I was overwhelmed and didn't know what to do."

"Is she...okay?" I look down at my lap.

"Shirley is going to be kept at a facility for a while since it is being deemed a suicide attempt. Suzaku called me that day to ask if I had any idea what had gone on. He wanted to make sure that you were okay too."

"I feel better than I did." I slowly look up at him. "Do you think..."

"Do I think what?" he leans closer to me.

"Do you think that I take away some of my life when I heal others?"

"Why would you think that?"

I shrug, "It would make sense. I can't just produce body parts out of thin air, but I could transfer some of my life to others."

"I think Geass works in ways that we can't full comprehend, and I don't think you gave Shirley some of your life in order for her to live."

I let out a breath, feeling some kind of weight lift off my shoulders. "You're probably right."

"She was the nightmare you had that one afternoon, wasn't she?"

"One of them, yes," I sadly nod.

"Rolo's the one that shot her. Once I knew that someone was coming to help her, I picked you up and started to head out when Rolo walked up to us. He admitted to shooting her because he thought she was coming after me. I didn't tell him what you did, and I think for now she's safe. I'll have to deal with him and this idea of keeping me safe later."

"He is delusional in his love for you because no one has ever loved him before," I place my hand on Lelouch's. "Have you ever realized why people are given Geass? All of us are trapped, stuck in a life that is speeding for disaster. Some of us can overcome that, others internalize that trauma."