02 | 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑦𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑑𝑎𝑦

JAYDEN

JAYDEN

I woke up to the ringing of my phone. The name Ace was overlaid on the too-bright screen. Tired, I answered it and held the phone to my ear. "Yes?"

"Bro, where are you? The meeting is about to start. Gray will be so pissed!" Shit, the meeting. I got up from the bed and quickly scanned for clothes on the floor. "Distract him," I told Ace who was still on his phone.

"How? Is it Gray we are talking about!" He complained slightly anxiously. "Come up with something." I hung up, didn't let him say anything so that he doesn't have to do it, and threw my phone on the bed.

I went to bed too late yesterday. All because of this Assassins thing. Six dead bodies at the airport and still not a single trace of what brings us further to find the person.

Not to mention that it is not unique. This is the third time in the last 3 months, without mentioning this case happens not only in New York. Other states are also affected. As if it were not one person, but several people.

In the bathroom, I somehow made my hair so that it doesn't look too bad. Then got ready and put on the clothes I found on the floor.

I ran to the kitchen and took my jacket. The purse I found yesterday caught my eye. It's from the woman I danced with at the gala.

I was on my way to Ace and Gray when she banged into me and the purse fell. Nothing special was inside, only the ticket for the gala. It's weird because which woman goes just with a ticket to a gala?
No phone.
No money. 
No keys.
Nothing.

Somehow I couldn't stop thinking about her either. When we danced, we looked at each other and something about her is holding me tight until now.

Her eyes were so breathtaking. The beautiful gray eyes that I've never seen, looked so fragile but lovable. They were...

My phone vibrated and took me out of my mysterious thoughts. It was Caroline who sent me a video of Ace. The angle of the video made me conclude that she was behind the corner in the aisle. She filmed Ace as he nervously stood with a coffee in his hand.

He looked at her in panic as her voice said "he's coming." Ace starts walking over the corner and at the end pours the coffee over Gray's suit. Now he won't just get away with it, because Gray's face tells me that he wasn't precisely positive.

I took my last needed stuff when I finally left my dirty apartment.

I'm trying my best so I'm not too late. With hardly any air and slightly sweaty, I arrived in the meeting room even before Gray and Ace themselves. I would deny whether it is something good. I sat in the second row that was still free, waited until Caroline ran with a speed walk in, and sat down next to me. "He always has to exaggerate every situation." She sighed, annoyed and out of breath.

I looked in her direction. "Don't ask." She declared when she saw my gaze. "I didn't plan to." "Okay, if you demand it..." I rolled my eyes. Always the same with her. "Justin's so weird and strenuous. Yesterday we had to go to the sudden order because of the assassin. Of course, he doesn't believe me and thinks now I'm just saying it because I didn't want to see him. He makes such a drama about it."