24 | 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑤

VALENTINA~ Bad Dream by Ruelle

VALENTINA
~ Bad Dream by Ruelle

It was quiet and very dark in the hotel corridor. The light is broken, which makes the situation easier. At least that's what I thought before I opened the door with my little knife. Valentin didn't exaggerate when he used the words massacre and Monster. I was shocked myself by my brother as he described himself. As if he had a lust for murder, and he exercised it, on these people where you don't even realize that there were exactly three. That's not murderous, it's torture that I don't want to look at.

Parts of the human body are distributed. Blood is sucked into the carpet so that you only see red. Something stirs in my body so that I can hardly keep the puke in. I close the door and carefully walk across the floor, trying to avoid feet, legs, and arms as much as possible. It stinks. But the sight is worse. My eyes water, not only because of the smell but also because of who we become. Murderer. Until now, Valentin has developed a lust for murder that forces him to kill innocent people.

But now I'm looking around for Valentin's things. I'm trying to manipulate all of this. No path must be led to Valentin because then we can all forget our hope for the future. We'll stay in prison, counting our days on a scratched wall. I found Valentin's T-shirt, which I took off the chair, and also the pants. I packed the two things in the backpack, put a pair of special glasses on my nose, and recognized masses of fingerprints from Valentin. So I took out everything I needed to make this go away.

I can't make this all look like suicide. Impossible for me, but I can turn the case around, so it mixes someone else into it. I removed everything related to Valentin. Everything gone of the victims and also the individual finger bath prints. I'm just bent over the head that only has her lower body and no more arms. Her gaze shifts to the ceiling, which is just plain white and spattered with spots of blood. Her mouth is open, she has beautiful freckles. She looks dead. hopeless. Soulless. "I am so sorry." I looked to the side and closed her eyes with my gloved hand.

I feel regret, incredible, and remarkable pity. We turned into monsters. People don't know our name but have to be afraid that they will die. All three of them not only died normally but in agony. I can tell right away from everything I see that Valentin wasn't gentle with anyone. Maybe the man who had his arm cut off was the first one. When the two women had to watch, tied up and cried because they were afraid of death. But it could also be that the woman looked much younger than the other two. First, her foot, where the toe is missing, or the head.

I hear the screaming, and the crying in the room, it's loud. It's like I'm seeing this moment just before the catastrophe. My brother's eyes are like a monster sees in front of you. Turned red, the flash that not only comes from the light but also from the fascination of the blood. The cuts he makes with the knife to cut the bodies.

I feel sick. I can't stand it here. The thought that my brother is capable of something like that scares me, and also the knowledge that he is still in my apartment. Not alone, but he is there. I quickly grabbed the knife stuck in the man's chest and grabbed my brother's shoes with two fingers as I was about to walk out the way I came in, but fate was willing to see our family fall.