22 | 𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒

VALENTINA

VALENTINA

"Tonight we do the mission." Kai pointed to the plan of the entire Davis house in the middle of the table. I've worked this plan into my brain from top to bottom for the last two days. It wasn't that easy because the house is much bigger than I thought it would be. Rooms that are not necessary, but I have memorized it.

"Do you understand everything now?" I nodded. "Good." "When we're on our way, you'll let my sister go." If I make sure that Theo breathes his last breath through my hands and take all the hate my father has, at least my sister should be safe, that is the only thing I want and that's how the new deal was created.

"I see what I can do." my eyebrows drew together. "Huh? Do you think I believe you and these words are enough for me? I'm an assassin too, so I know what it's like. Tell me that you will let her go." That he even tries to say such a thing to me without thinking that they are useless. You can't imagine how much I would like him to die, but unfortunately, my sister's life is tied to his.

"I'll let her go. Don't worry." I looked at him sternly. "I have to go." He got up and rolled up the plan, then handed the roll to me. "I already have a copy, learn the plan, it has to be perfect." I took the rolled plan and looked at Kai, who was chewing his gum in his mouth intensely. "It will be perfect as long as I know Valerie is okay." My tone became more serious. "She is totally fine."

I know I can't really believe Kai's words, but in this case, I just have to hold onto those meaningless words that are coming out of his mouth. As Kai left the room, Maria came in.

It's a miracle to me that she wants to work for me after what happened, but I don't mind. It's her decision, still, I'll do everything to make sure nothing happens to her, I owe it, Ivan.

"Is the meeting over?" I nodded. Maria gave me a glass of water and a pill in my hand as my wounds have not healed well, as I try to speed the recovery.

I swallowed it down and emptied the whole glass. "You can take time off today, relax, and I've already transferred your salary." She nodded with a smile and was about to leave when I stopped her.

"Maria." She turned to me. "Yes?" "Why are you still working for me?" "Because of Kai? Even though I'm often in danger, I know I'm safe in your hands. You care more about me than yourself, and I trusted you with my life." These words, which I have never heard from anyone, give me goosebumps. Nobody told me that they trust me with their lives, but it makes me feel more than just a warm feeling in my heart. She's only 19 and trusts someone who has done things like this in life.

"Well, you can go now, have a nice day." She gives me a warm smile and walks back out with the glass she brought. With everything in my hand, I wanted to go home and go through the plan that nobody has any idea about. I haven't told Valerian or Valentin about my plan, but what do they expect? I want to help my sister no matter what I endure, and they wouldn't stop me or come with me, which makes the mission even more complicated.