21 | 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑐𝑐𝑒𝑝𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙

VALENTINA

VALENTINA

"Please leave a message after the beep." I've heard Valerie's mailbox for the thousandth time in the last three weeks, and I'm starting to wonder what the reason might be. I frowned as I put the phone on the kitchen island. All my siblings have gone from New York for a while. I am in contact with everyone except my sister. Even Valerian text to me. She told me on the way home that her target was Colorado because of a mission, but I haven't heard from her since. Calls are answered with the mailbox, messages are unread, and Valentin doesn't know anything about it either. He means Father said Valerie would be gone a long time, but I'm worried. When Valerie leaves, she still responds to all my messages. It's just weird.

In addition, I was left alone again in my walls, Katie has returned to Canada, and without her, it's so empty and quiet in this house. It's because I got used to Katie's cooking, loud singing, and the mud kitchen after she made us breakfast. I didn't want her here at first, but it's kind of lonely and strange without her.

Also, I got a message from Valerian about the deal, and as I thought, my father doesn't even think about letting me do the mission with Kai. He doesn't care if I'm a target, and my dad doesn't seem to care, but Valerian seems very upset, which is why today I'm getting a bodyguard to look after me. The joy is already up in my head, but at least it shows me that Valerian is not like our father.

But I have to pull myself together now, I have a lot to do today and won't get much done if I distract myself. I quickly got dressed and took my things, then walked to the door. When the door opened, a man in a suit stood in front of me. "Miss Alvarez, I'm Caleb." His hair was styled back, and you could also see a strong posture. "So you're my bodyguard?" he nodded once.

"I have to go to the office now, it looks like you have to walk a lot today." His arm tensed up, blocking the way, so I can't go out the door. I glimpsed at him. "I can not let you go. It's too dangerous because you are a T..." "A target? Please, I got through the whole week without your help. So either you put your arm down and let me through, or you don't have a job. A little tip, I'd put my arm down." he thought about it for a moment, he lowered his arm, so I could finally go through. "Good decision." I walked past and slammed the door behind me. Caleb ran up to my side and really paid attention to everything.

After he also checked the elevator to see if it was safe, I was finally able to get to the office. When I walk in, Maria had already gotten up from her chair and, like Caleb, stepped into the office with me. "Maria, this is Caleb, my bodyguard. Caleb, Maria, my secretary." Maria wanted to shake Caleb's hand, but he just stood by my desk. "You shake hands when someone greets you, especially her." Now he reacted and shook her hand, which he took away again and did it behind his back like before the 3 seconds. Do I need to teach him manners or what?
You chose a great man for me, Valerian.

"Maria, please check all my emails and send the most important ones to my laptop and call the house Alvarez, ask about Valerie and how she is progressing with her mission. Tell Valentina Alvarez is asking." She nodded with a smile and left. She really got used to being here. When she started a month ago, she nodded and always kept her eyes on the ground slightly. Now she looks me straight in the eyes and smiles at me, even though what happened must have been pretty traumatizing.