20 | 𝐾𝑎𝑖

VALENTINA

VALENTINA

"Here." I tossed an elegant blouse to Valerie, which she caught. Maria told us yesterday that we will meet with Won today, just like I wanted, but if he made the appointment the way I wanted it seems really important to him. But I still have a question mark inside my mind. Why me? Why not my father, with whom he always did it, or rather his father? Not to forget that deals have been made with our family for over 50 years because Kai's father already made deals with my father.

I left my room, also dressed in the kind of elegant style like Valerie. "Where are you going?" Katie gave me a raised eyebrow while getting a small nudge on the shoulder from Jayden, who was standing next to her.

"I have an appointment at the office. I'll be late today, so here are the keys." Katie held out her open hand to me and I put the key in it. "You look hot." Katie encouraged me by showing me both thumbs up and smiling. "I'd rather not." I'd rather look as bad as possible, but it's a deal that may be more important than I might think. The Won family is one of the families that need to be taken seriously, I can't just come there with some sweatpants.

"What are you doing?" Ever since I walked out the door, I've been thinking about what Jayden wants here in the first place. If I had known that, maybe I would have left beforehand, so I wouldn't have to see him. My head won't let me rest with the moment that happened on the roof. It only causes a headache because I would like to classify it as the most unpleasant and also the most unnecessary thing, simply remove it. "We're going to spend some time today because I have to go soon and Jayden is about to get back on the case." "I'm close to getting the person." Katie rolled her eyes. She went into the kitchen and got a lot of different things from the cupboards, but also from the fridge. "You will bake?"

"Tch Katie? She can't do that, and cook even less." Katie took the wooden spoon from the jar and threw it at Jayden, who stepped aside to let the spoon fall to the floor. How much love is in these people. "I can cook," Katie said proudly. "And next time I will throw the knife," she warns. "Cooking spaghetti isn't cooking." Katie took the knife, and at this moment I intervened before my floor got scratched by the two of them. "Okay, you can argue, but not if my apartment suffers from it." I took the knife away from her and put it back where it belonged. "Admit, I'm better at cooking." I heard Jayden in the background. I wouldn't exactly have rated Jayden as a good cook, another thing he does to push his oversized ego.

"I'm ready. Come on." Valerie came out of my room, where she was changing into the right outfit. "Who are you?" Both siblings looked at my sister as if she were an alien. "She's my..." "Your sister?" Jayden took my answer, although I wanted to say something different because I'm not sure if it was really smart to present Valerie as my sister. "Yes. Hello, I'm Catherine."

This is the first time I introduce Valerie to others as my sister. It is strictly forbidden. In the end, someone finds out that we were introduced as a "duo" and not two strangers. That could ruin a lot, and my heart is pounding right now just thinking about it. Valerie got hurt because of me before. "Nice to meet you." Katie held out her hand, which Valerie took and smiled.