07 | 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑠𝑜 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒

JAYDEN 5 years later ~ Daylight by Taylor swift

JAYDEN
5 years later
~ Daylight by Taylor swift

Today I'm doing the double shift to solve this shitty case. But I haven't had any success for the last five years. Everything I do turns out to be nothing, everything I find turns out to be a maze of more complicated questions with no actual answer. I take a way, but I can't get out, no matter which way choose.

It's already 3:00 p.m. Ace wants me to distract myself from the whole work because I'm fixated on this case and have been the weeks with strictly trying to get it done.

People are dying inexplicably, with no new evidence. No matter how hard we try, there is no way out of this damn curse witch circle. Maybe Ace is right, and I just needed a distraction, so we're going to the James Café.

"Bro, where are you?" Ace yelled me away from my desk from afar. "Yeah, I'm coming, chill out." I grabbed my black jacket and stood from my chair, taking all the important things with me to finally go to Ace.

It didn't take long before I found a perfect spot to park my car. We got out and walked into the Café. The first thing I noticed was the tree that stood in the middle. The branches were all over the ceiling, beautiful leaves and fairy lights were hanging down, it was pretty.

We took a seat at one of the wooden tables and immediately ordered coffee and something to eat. "You're overexerting yourself, bro. Don't take the case so seriously. As you can see, we're not making any progress, no matter how hard we try."

"We are close, we only need to break this one part. We've been sitting there for five years, surely there must be something that we're overlooking?" I'm sure there is something. Nothing is impossible, we just have to put the logical points together.

"Okay, that's enough, you are not allowed to work." Ace pointed his finger at me. "Who are you? My mother?" I pushed it aside with mine, so it wasn't in my face. "Bro, just don't overdo it. Find some time for yourself, your friends, or even your family."

Maybe he's right, but maybe not. I just want to have this shit done. But this bastard is too good. It makes me angry that I can't get any further. It scratches my ego and I can't stand it.

Ace is right, but I won't say it. I'll lie back. I just hope Gray is not stressed now, like every single session. Although he complains to us, he has not found anything himself. The only thing he's doing is complaining to others but doesn't get anything done by himself.

In the middle of the conversation, Caroline joined in and the three of us sat at a table that was probably too small to fit us all in. My phone started ringing. "Yes?" "When will we finally meet? I'm not in New York forever." my sister complained on the other side of the phone. I rolled my eyes.