17 | 𝑇𝑒𝑥𝑎𝑠

VALENTINA

VALENTINA

The whole weeks were difficult to master, Caroline had to realize what happened, and I had to start work. She kept her hands off substances and let the grief fall over her. It literally broke her because her trust is even lower now.

When I saw Caroline in front of my door in the morning, she said that she had an appointment with the therapist and wanted me to accompany her. Luckily for her, it was faster because of the contacts she has. She thinks it would be better for her to talk about Justin and what he did to her because she can't do it with Jayden, me, or anyone else. I can understand that, we know Justin and if I would find out what he did to her, I would break into jail and kill the cunt by cutting his throat.

I'm sure and hope he goes to jail for what he has done, it says Justin is on trial for violence physically as well as mentally. Caroline will then have to go through the process next week.

It will definitely be difficult for her. I don't know how it feels, but it must be awful for her. This pain she must feel. She trusted one person and got one of the worst things she could get, the beautiful world of love turn into a world of hate. That's why I promise in the shadows even more that if he doesn't go to jail and get his punishment, I'll take justice into my own hands.

The opening of the door takes me out of my vengeful behavior as I watch Caroline walk out of the therapist's room and turn to face the woman who is supposed to help, right behind her. "So Ms. Cruse, if you need anything else, give me a call. Otherwise, we'll see each other at the next appointment." She nodded and said goodbye properly to her.

Caroline's eyes turn to me. They are red, and her eyelashes are drawn together in some spots. I'm sure it's from crying. I got up from my seat and put the newspaper down, then handed her jacket and bag, which I took care of the whole time she was inside.

"And how was it?" She shrugged her shoulders. "Not good but it's getting better I guess" At least she's telling the truth about how she really feels. "Let's go get something to eat." I tried to draw the whole thing into something positive, but it wasn't what I had hoped for.

"To be honest..." I stop and look at Caroline. "... I don't plan on staying here much longer. Today I'm going to my parent's house. I decided yesterday to go to my parents in Texas." I can understand that it happened that way, which is why I don't really try to talk her into something different. She needs the freedom and I give it to her. She doesn't need me to take care of her, now she can do it herself. "Okay. Then do it, I won't stop you. But Ace won't be happy because you won't be at the New Year's Eve party."

"He'll be fine without me." I smiled, which Caroline did too. "Then I'll help you with your things." She nodded and put on her jacket. Then we went to her apartment, so I could help her with everything.

❖❖❖

I unlocked my door and walked in, already throwing my shoes to the floor in the corner. As a scream rang out and my eyes widened at the person. Katie ran towards me and hugged me with her arms around me. "How do you all get into my apartment like that?" I said, annoyed but also questionable. I'm sure I have to change the keys now because even Katie comes in.