04 | 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒

VALENTINA ~ Hurts like hell by Fleurie

VALENTINA
~ Hurts like hell by Fleurie

I woke up with a headache. All around me was chaos. With a half-open eye, I checked my phone, I've slept too long. It's already 3 p.m. How long did I sleep? I got up and first drank from the glass of water which was on my dessert. My eyes widened, I could then also see that there was a pill. I can't remember anything from yesterday. How I got here and why everything was already prepared?

I ignore the unknown night. I have to slowly make my way back home. The days I was allowed to spend here ended so quickly that I can't really describe it as enjoying it. I left the pill on the dessert, I don't know where it's from and if I can trust myself drunk.

So I got off the bed, my bones cracking as I stretched. I picked up the things that were lying around everywhere and threw them in my bag so that everything somehow fits in.

When I was done with that, too, I take a shower to take a good picture in front of father. He must not find out that I was drunk, nor that I enjoyed my time the last few days. He won't understand it, no way.

Bag in hand, I let the door of my room fall behind me and was already on my way to my car, which was handed over to me in front of the hotel.

I thanked the man and got in the car so that I could make it home in good time and leave the job and the little bit of freedom behind me.

❖❖❖

I came back home to Washington quickly. When I walked into the house, nobody expects me with a welcome. I stood in the hallway where I put my bag on the floor. It was very quiet in the house.

I cocked my head in different directions to get a glimpse of where everyone is, but when I looked slightly to the right, I saw the dining table set.

I looked at my phone. It's 6 p.m., and everyone is sitting at the table and eating dinner. I picked up my bag again and tried to steal a little more time so that I didn't have to go inside. In the kitchen, I handed it to a servant who was standing in there with another and talking.

I'd rather unpack it myself and wash all the things, but my father would scold me if I didn't. He always says that they are there for it, even though they already have so much to do.

I had to force myself to go to the dining room without luggage. Everyone sat at the dining table and ate as a family, they are not.

"Hello, father. I've done the job. Should I do something else?" He just looked at me and pointed to the place on the chair where I always sat.

A little bit happy inside, I sat down and started to eat what Ivan gave me on a plate with a big smile. I ate some of the meat that activate my taste buds and craving for more hunger.

During the meal, it's always quiet at the table. It's hard to understand that we are a family of seven and it's so quiet as if I were eating alone.

If I wouldn't look up a few times to look at my siblings, my head would say I'm not even sitting here. "Since we're sitting here together, I want to announce some news that will give our family and our lives honor." the forks and knives were placed on the half-empty plates by everyone. Everyone gave their attention to my father, who just seemed in a good mood. Maybe it's good news if it puts father in a good mood.