09 | 𝐼𝑡'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

VALENTINA

VALENTINA

It's been a week since I moved to New York, and it's fantastic. Everything works perfectly, the mission and also this friendship thing. Except with Jayden. The only positive thing about him is that he knows how to keep his mouth shut. But he doesn't know how to hold it when it is about me. This guy should really learn that.

He only provokes me, playing arrogant and demeaning, as if he were better than me. Every time we go somewhere with Caroline or Ace, it feels like a whole competition. Of course, I have to win because of my ego and pride. It drives me insane.

His oh-so-pretty and good smile when he caught me doing something wrong, but it doesn't even seem wrong to me. I could freak out when I think about it. But now I have to concentrate. I look at my target, who is tied to the chair in front of me with her hands tied behind her.

"Let me go, please." She begged. I took the blindfold off her eyes so that she can finally see and saw her tearful face. "Where's Black?" I said, holding the knife on her throat, but only slightly, so she only feels the small top.

"I don't know. Please let me go." She cried. She annoys me, but I can't kill her without some information, father's orders. "You want me to let you go? Tell me where he is, and I'll think about it." she swallowed hard.

She looked to the side with her eyes and then back to look at me. It is not easy for her to betray her husband, but can't give a damn about it. It's my job, and I'm not here to show some emotions. "And you let me go?" "I told you, didn't I?"

She looked up at me to make eye contact with me. "He's on his way to France." "Was it that difficult?" I took out the revolver and aimed at her forehead. "You said you would let me free!" "I said I would think about it." and pulled the trigger. Without another word, her head fell forward.

I put on my gloves and immediately called Valerian. "What did you find out." "He is on his way to France, I would hurry up, she remained silent for 10 minutes," I said and looked at the lifeless body of Black's wife. "Well thank you."

"Always my pleasure." I was about to hang up when Valerian called my name. "Huh?" I put my phone to my ear again. "I asked if you were coming home for Christmas." I didn't even think about that. Home. What he means as a home is not. Do I want to go back there?

"Father said he wants to plan a party for this Christmas." My eyes widened. Did father say it, or have I just misheard Valerian? My father hates Christmas, which means something special has happened. But what? And why is it special?

Should I go home then? Something happens to me in the end. "It is an order from him that you need to come. Don't worry, it's not about you or anyone else in the family." Whether he's lying to make me come? But I don't have a choice either if it's an order I have to go there. "I mean you ask me and then you say it's an order, so I don't have another chose," Valerian confirmed it and then hung up.