19 | 𝑊𝑒 𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑡

VALENTINA~Recover by Ruelle

VALENTINA
~Recover by Ruelle

I was on my way to my office. I only slept 3 hours as I stayed up until 4 a.m. with Katie and Jayden in the hospital because their father had a cardiac arrest. But now he is fine according to my info and will even be discharged in a few days. After we got the good news, I drove Katie to my apartment, which looked like a dumpster.

Some strangers slept on the couch and the others on the floor, Ace was nowhere to be found. Yesterday I put Katie to bed and sent everyone away. Katie felt totally bad and looked like it too. She was crying the whole night and didn't feel like doing anything, but before I went to bed, I put things on the table for her to make her feel better when she gets up.

But that was a few hours ago, and now I have to concentrate on my business, which is why I enter my office and walk past my secretary. "Maria, could you please send a cleaning service to my apartment and text Katie that they will come by." Maria, my first secretary ever, nodded. "And here, buy me a coffee and something for you too." I took $40 out of my pocket and handed it to her.

"An Americano, isn't it?" "Yes." She nodded again and immediately got to work. I went into my office and closed the door behind me. Yesterday Maria started working here and so far she is doing well. I realize it's not a lot to do but well I thought help would be good, so now she'll do the job I give her.

She was also the only person I considered getting this job because she is Ivan's daughter. He recommended her to me, or rather said that his daughter was looking for something and that's why I should give her a chance. I pay very close attention to his opinion, I trust him, which is why I hired her. She even earns a bit too much for what she has to do here. Far above minimum wage, but Ivan has already sacrificed a lot for me and also done, paying his daughter well is the last thing I can do.

Yesterday before I left I hired interior designers to decorate and set up the room exactly how I wanted it, I have to be honest they did a damn good job. The whole office is just what I want it to be, even better.

The beige but cappuccino wall colors tones. A huge brown carpet in the middle. But apart from the couch and the shelves with files, I have two things that are the highlights of this office. I smiled like a kid when I get my dream come true having a secret room. I took the red book off the shelf and pulled it slightly towards me when there was a click listen and the bookshelf jumped up from the wall an inch.

I had dreamed of this since I was a child. An assassin has a secret room behind the bookshelf like in the stereotypical movies. But if someone comes into my office I can't just have my guns out here and a room next to my office was bricked up, so I was able to turn it into a little hidden spot.

I kept it extra dark, but I have a lot of space. A cabinet for almost every type of my weapon, so that I can conveniently take the weapon with me without having to open every cabinet. I don't think I've ever been so intrigued by being an assassin. When you think about what it's like to live next to the pain.