14 | 𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑒

VALENTINA

VALENTINA

I'm back in New York now. Practically nothing happened, but even if I wanted to be productive, I wouldn't be able to. My wounds tie me to the bed so that I can hardly get up again. I thought after the second rest day it would be okay, but I underestimated it this time.

I feel cold and warm at the same time. Waking up at 3 a.m. in sweaty and shivering. When I took a shower, I saw that the wound get infected. My burn injury hasn't gotten any better, either. But there is this problem that I don't have anything in the house that helps me to get rid of the infection. The people I know don't know anything about the real me and aren't allowed to do it either, because questions will arise. So I have to do it myself somehow.

I squint my eyes as I try to help myself by putting my hand on my bed and pulling myself up. Then I made it out of bed with aches and pains. A shiver of cold goes over my whole body, I sneak to the end of my bed to grab my jacket and put it on.
Maybe I can last enough time in it, don't get too warm.

I went into the bathroom and looked at myself briefly. I looked like a corpse. Pale, purple lips and drops of sweat on my forehead. I have to get well as soon as possible, but it also means that I have to get this medication. I have to take care of myself until I'm not so sick that I have to go to the hospital.

I put on my shoes and left the house without really making a big fuss. In the elevator on the way down I got incredibly hot, I was already sweating, but only a few seconds later when I got outside and the light wind was blowing in my face, the heat turned to cold. I have to go back to bed really fast because this quick change doesn't mean anything good at all.

On the way to the car, I tried to face the cold with a hug myself. I quickly switched on the car so that everything around me would warm up. It felt slightly better, so I wasted no time and made my way to the pharmacy.

It didn't take long to arrive and also found a spot to turn off the car, but I didn't feel good at all. It's like everything goes to my head and when one thing gets better, something else gets worse. It is a doom loop. So before I got out, I took a deep breath because I get a little dizzy.

My breathing was the same with every breath. My head on my hands met on top of the steering wheel. My head lifted and looked around. When I was ready to leave, I got out of the car and made the passage quickly. Straight to the pharmacy, buy the medication, and back in the car.

Back in the car, my destination wasn't home but the James Café to get me something to eat, although I'm pretty unsure if I'll even get anything down. I parked the car and got out today for the last time in the past few days. When I set foot in the café, it was totally packed with people.

But you can hardly overlook the fact that James is a very well-known café, and it is justified because the coffee is just as awesome as the food here. I stood in line and waited my turn. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling any better at the moment, trying to stand up straight as my head was down and eyes closed as I held myself up at the table next to me.