15 | 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛

VALENTINA

VALENTINA

It's the third day that I've been tied up in bed, but the positive thing is that I'm feeling much better. That's why I can at least take one high step and changed my place from the bed to the couch. My back already hurts in bed and the thought of just lying there makes me crazy after the days.

I turned on the TV and searched for a good show that I would like to watch in the near future, but the search was taken away from me, and I was stopped by the doorbell ringing. I turned to the door, hoping that the person in front of the door would just think I wasn't home and leave, so I wouldn't have to get up, but the next knock told me otherwise. So I got up slowly and made my way to the door.

I opened it and as always Caroline stood there, she came the last few days after Jayden visited me once. Jayden informed her about my wounds, but not exactly what happened but he hasn't said anything to me since the day he helped me take a shower, neither seen nor spoken. "Hey." Caroline stepped in without my invitation. "Hi." I closed the door and walked over to the couch to sit back down.

"How are you doing?" "Better, the wound is almost completely healed." I glanced at Caroline, who was just standing in the kitchen making tea. "And you?" I pressed on the remote control to have success in the series investigation.

"Good." I raised my eyebrows and looked at her. The word good was not exactly the good that should convince me. "Really?" "Yes, of course." She's weird, she stutters and looks nervous, but what's the reason?
Is it because of work? Family? Justin? She came to me and gave me the pills and a glass of water. "Thanks." I took my pills and downed the glass of water in one breath. Then I leaned back to relax again.

I glimpsed at Caroline, but she doesn't notice my attention, she was on the phone and didn't make a great facial expression. Her face doesn't grimace, but her eyes seem to shine in the light. This isn't the first time she's lost her smile over the phone call she's having.

Her leg was pacing, she looked stiff, like she wasn't feeling well, or she'd seen a ghost coming towards me. She now turns her back to me and has her eyes on the kitchen island as she draws something lightly with her fingers.

I got up off the couch, ignoring the fact she was calling someone. That seems valid to me. My hand rested on her shoulder, which made her wince. "Are you alright?" "No... Yes, you scared me." she said everything in rapid succession like a waterfall. My eyebrow lifts up briefly in reaction to her. "If you feel well, I have to go now, an incident with the assassin has happened." She didn't give me a chance to reply as she left my apartment with a soft bang on the door.

What was that? She lied to me. She would have to go but not because of an approach by the assassin because obviously I haven't killed anyone in the last few days.
What made you so anxious? The face she made reminded me of the faces I burned into my head from my childhood. The faces when my siblings faced my father.