A Battle of Motivation

"So to make it a fair fight I'll give you one of these," Leon said before handing Ash a red and white band. "What is this," Ash asked, "I already have a mega ring and a z-ring." "It's a dynamax band," Leon said, "it makes it so your Pokémon can dynamax." "I don't need giant Pokémon to defeat you," Ash said, "take the damn band, Ketchum," Lance said. Goh and Chloe had made their way back to him and were now in the front row stands, right next to the Chairman. Ash didn't trust him. He seemed too interested and friendly to someone he just met. "Go, Charizard," Leon yelled, "charrrrr," Charizard roared. "Greninja, let's go," Ash yelled, "ninjaaaaaa," Greninja cried. "I'll be the referee," Lance said, "this is a one on one battle between Champion Leon and Ash of Pallet Town." "That place is not my home," Ash said, "what remains is a shell of its former glory." "This battle will end when one Pokémon is unable to battle," Lance said, "battle begin." "Charizard use Flamethrower," Leon yelled, "Greninja use Water Shuriken," Ash yelled. "Use Dragon Pulse," Leon yelled, "Dark Pulse," Ash yelled. Leon returned Charizard to its Pokéball before tapping something on the dynamax band. The Pokéball in his hand increased in size and Leon threw it and out came a giant Charizard. "Why don't you use that Dynamax Band," Leon taunted, "you'll find out about some tricks I have up my sleeve," Ash said calmly. Greninja stood, facing the giant Charizard. "Stronger," Ash said, clenching his fist. Greninja did the same. Water burst around Greninja before forming a Shuriken on his back. "G-Max Wildfire," Leon yelled, "Water Shuriken," Ash yelled. Water Shuriken managed to hold off the attack. "Max Lightning," Leon yelled. "Use Double Team," Ash yelled. Ash pulled a blue Crystal out of his pocket before clipping onto one of the bands on his arm. Ash began to dance, doing the dance for the watering-z. "Hydro Vortex," Ash yelled. "Ninjaaaaaa, Greninja cried before unleashing its attack. Charizard stood no chance. Greninja ruthlessly attacked the giant Charizard as Leon watched on in horror at what was happening. Charizard began to shrink and fell to the floor. "Charizard is unable to battle, the winner is Greninja so the match goes to Ash," Lance yelled. Chairman Rose has walked onto the field and was clapping. "That was a marvellous show for 2 incredible trainers," Rose said, "I'm sure as Chairman of the Pokémon World Coronation Series I would like to formally invite you to join the competition." "Can I speak to Ash privately for a moment," Lance said before dragging Ash aside. "What's your answer," Lance asked, "no. I don't have time to be running around doing that," Ash said distastefully. "That's the thing," Lance said, "Giovanni might be in the tournament." "What do you mean," Ash asked. "At the start of every year for the competition the person coming first is awarded money so Giovanni may be using the money he made from this to buy his freedom," Lance said. "Blake would just arrest him as soon as he goes public," Ash said, "he's using an alias. I know that much," Lance said, "I don't know who but if he publicly and fairly earns the money it could pressure the Kanto government to just let him go." "Are you kidding," Ash asked, "does Interpol have no say in this?" "Apparently not," Lance said, "I know Blake has been pressuring the authorities and there are people always looking for Giovanni but for the most part when you disappeared Giovanni did as well soon after." "He's doing it to get Blake off his back," Ash said in realisation, "so he can go after someone without Interpol always looking for him." "You need to go into the tournament so if you end up battling him you can expose him," Lance said, "I've already spoken to Jimmy and Paul about it. They've joined it." "You spoke to Jimmy and Paul," Ash demanded, "when?" "A few weeks ago," Lance replied, "are you going to do it?" "Fine," Ash conceded. "Great," Lance said, "well. I have to return to Kanto. Wish you luck with the Chairman. Do not trust him, I have my suspicions and have been looking into it but they've gone nowhere." "I don't trust anyone, Lance," Ash said, "great," Lance said, "goodbye." Ash only waved as Lance left before Ash walked back to the others.

Theme Song Play

"Where's Lance," Leon asked, "he had to return to Kanto," Ash said, "strange of him to just disappear," the Chairman said, "so what is your answer?" "I will join the competition," Ash said, "I'll sign up when I have time." "Wonderful, wonderful," Rose said, "I'm sure you'll make an excellent rival to Leon." "Rival," Ash scoffed, "did you even watch our battle?" "I am not that much weaker than you," Leon said, "that was a 1 on 1 battle, I do much better in a 6 on 6 battle as Leon would be able to tell you from our battle 7 years ago," Ash said. "That's where I remember you from you did participate in the Pokémon Masters Tournament," Leon said. "Didn't I already say that," Ash asked. "I'll do much better when it's a 6 on 6 battle," Leon said. "Another 6-0 wipe maybe," Ash said sarcastically. "I was a lot different then" Leon said angrily, "I'm sure you were," Ash mocked. "Do you want my title then," Leon demanded, "I don't need it to prove my strength. Being a champion would just bind me. It would interfere with my goal," Ash said. "What is your goal," Leon asked. Ash kept on walking before coming to a stop and facing Leon. "Revenge," Ash said quietly before turning around and leaving.